522 hard drive crashed

ronfelder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
south jersey
Well i was watching a movie from my dvr when the picture kept on freezing. I decided to do a cold boot to solve the problem. well my drive wanted to do a 45 minute test which perhaps i shouldn't have but cancelled. Anyway after another cold boot it now says my hard drive info is corrupted and is now i suppose reformatting my drive. i just lost lots of movies that i had recorded. oh well. good thing that the movie channels have a habit of repeating movies. so i'll have to get everything over again another time.

Any ideas as to the cause. Did i cause it by not doing the diagnostics? If so why did it need to run them to begin with? Get error code 311. hd, Can't acess dvr screens.

Just spoke to csr who was very helpful. They have decided they my hard drive is defective and the 522 is going to be replaced. I have to pay $14 to ship it though. That's cheaper than having to pay for the Dish Home Protection Plan. Not one for insurances on electronic equpiment. If for example I need to replace my old 4700 it's cheaper to just buy a replacement on E bay. Plus thinking about it I have a 301 that I took from my ex's when I gave her my spare 510 to use.

Ron

Last edited:
Sounds like mine crashed last night as well. Not home, but the wife said that it said something about the drive being currupt. She is pissed, since she had a lot of shows, and season finale's that she had not watched. Figures thoug, since I just had my 622 fail as well!

I will have to wait and call dish when I get back home next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)