522 home networking question

shorte2326

Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
N/W Pa
I have two 522s and 3 TVs. Can i set the first 522 TV1 output to channel 3 and TV2 output to channel 60 Second 522 TV1 output to channel 4 and TV2 output to 61. Can I combine all outputs into one cable and then split that cable and send to all TVs thus allowing me to access all four channels from each TV.

Yes you can, although I would recommend putting the 4 outputs farther apart than adjacent channels.

shorte2326 said:
I have two 522s and 3 TVs. Can i set the first 522 TV1 output to channel 3 and TV2 output to channel 60 Second 522 TV1 output to channel 4 and TV2 output to 61. Can I combine all outputs into one cable and then split that cable and send to all TVs thus allowing me to access all four channels from each TV.

I tried this myself, it got all fuzzy on me, but possibly because of cheap splitters. Do they even make a component that combines??? Would love to know, would cut down on alot of time wiring.

Krell is correct and the channels need to be further apart. You may also try combining the four inputs and then amplifying it before distribution

522 TV1 has only CH3 & CH4 for output options, unless signal levels are perfectly balanced they will interfere with one another. Choose to use either CH3 or CH4 and don't use the other TV1 For TV2 use UHF channels at least 2 channels apart and as low a number as possible. In other words if you can use CH14 then skip 15 & 16 and use CH17 as the second TV2 output. The lower the Ch number the lower the actual frequency and lower frequencies have less loss per foot of cable used. Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)