522 install....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

WTLORd

Original poster
Nov 21, 2004
I' not so sure this is the best place to post this, but I have an install question that the local install isnt sure how to answer.

We live in a large house that is currently wired for directv to one room. As soon as i can get an answer to this question we will be upgradeing to a 4 room Dish Network system.

What I need to know is is there a way to run more then one reciver on a single strand of coax? Where the 522 would be going is prewired for cable or directv (not both) so there is one pice of coax in that box. I would like to be able to hook up both sat inputs to the single wire. Be it with a stacker or diplexer or what ever is needed. It would also be nice to be able to hook up a 2nd reciver BEFORE this in the line.... and i only want 2 wires going into the house total. This i kind of what i was thinking, but like i said i have no idea if this will work or not so if ya'll could help me out it would be appriciated.

LNB----------Reciver (this is for the 3rd room)
LNB----------Switch (some sort, i was wondering if a DP34 could work)====1 wire goes to another reciver the other goes to a stacker-----destacker====522

I am unsure if a dp34 can even function with just one lnb input.... another problem. I wish i could be more clear on how it is that i need to be able to do it.

If anyone out there had any ideas please help me out

Max

WTLORd

Whew. I think you might want to learn more about E* hookups. A Dish500 (the standard) has TWO LNBs, and you will not be happy with only one.

The DP34 (if used) would require TWO inputs - one for 110, one for 119.

The 522 requires TWO cables - unless you decide to spend big bucks on DishPro Plus equipment.

The standard setup for a 2-bird (110/119), 522 plus a single tuner receiver would be a DP Quad LNBF. This means 3 cables from the dish - 2 to the 522, one to the other box.

Anything other than that is gonna cost you some money, but here's the options:

Now, if your house is laid out so that 2 cables from dish to "some nice place inside" is a good answer, the DP34 might work for you. 2 cables in, then 3 cables to the 2 rooms, and one leftover output (not counting cascades).

Another possible solution (if you're not worried about expansion) would be a DPP Twin. This allows the dish to have one cable to a DPP Separator at the back of the 522, and another cable to the other box.

Finally, a standard DP Twin LNBF feeding a DPP44 (using only 2 input cables), allows you to run a single cable to a DPP Separator at the back of the 522, another to the other box, and have two leftover outputs (plus the cascades).

yea money really is not the problem here.... its just a matter of holes in the walls. i was thinking about the dpp44 so sompen like...
LNB===DPP44 then one wire to (each of the) 2 recivers right there... then wireless to monitors and 1 cable to the 522 with the dpp separator that still be cheeper then buying stackers ....

now can i diplex with the dpp separator? like for use the tv 2 output on the sat line? also i was watching chann 101 today and it says you can get 2 UFH remotes for the 522, anyone done that yet. Dish told me its not possible to get them both to work at the same time...?!

There aren't any third-party stackers that work with DishPro - because DP is already stacked (unfortunately not in exactly the same bands as others - probably a deliberate act on E*s part).

Yes, you can diplex a DPP cable. The signal bands are the same as regular DishPro - it's just that the content (satellite & transponder set) change under more flexible rules. Note that for DP or DPPlus, the 2 diplexers can NOT have any other device between them, and can NOT have a power inserter on the same line.

Finally, typical ignorant CSR. Yes, you can have as many UHF remotes as you want - buy a hundred of them. Key half of them to drive TV1, the other half for TV2.

I guess it will be intersting to see how well it all works out. Im not really sure if i will need to diplex. Thats more up to where they decided they want to be able to record... Thanks for all the help. I guess i will draw a picture for the dish guy. He said that there was no way to run the 522 with just one strand of coax. and that the whole job would take more then 8 hrs to install. I dont mind going wireless to all the monitors except one or two.

Its a pain to be told by folks that its not possible to do it when there is....

Thanks for all the help

Max

wtlord

WTLORd said:
I guess it will be intersting to see how well it all works out. Im not really sure if i will need to diplex. Thats more up to where they decided they want to be able to record... Thanks for all the help. I guess i will draw a picture for the dish guy. He said that there was no way to run the 522 with just one strand of coax. and that the whole job would take more then 8 hrs to install. I dont mind going wireless to all the monitors except one or two.

Its a pain to be told by folks that its not possible to do it when there is....

Thanks for all the help

Max

wtlord

Dont worry too much... your installer may not even know what a DPP44 is let alone how to install it ($200.00 switch) None of the installers around here believed me when i told them the DP34 would work off 2 feeds and didnt require a 3rd... guess what it works fine

A diplexer can be used on the port with the power inserter. I have one working fine on my system.

drjake said:
A diplexer can be used on the port with the power inserter. I have one working fine on my system.

ShadowEKU said:
Depending on where you plug it in it may / may not be a problem.

It all depends on where the power inserter is plugged in and hooked to the line. To be safe I recommend using port 1 for a single tuner without diplexors... again depending on where its hooked up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)