522 Issues List For The Past 2 Weeks

rolandv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Okay, I've finally nailed down exactly when some of my issues are happening and they are actually reproducable.

Other problems seem to only have just appeared in the past 2 weeks, so I'm assuming the 2.05 update is the cause of the issue. Anyway, here are my issues.

1) When recording 2 shows at the same time, playing back an already recorded show will skip and have audio blips.

2) When recording a show on Tuner X, and then trying to watch that show on the same tuner before the show is done recording, the show will skip and have audio blips.

Solution: Record the show on the opposite tuner of the one you are using to watch it on. Then it won't skip. So if you're watching a show that is still recording, record it on Tuner 2 and watch it on tuner 1.

3) Hitting the Guide button restarts the 522. This pretty much happens randomly, 3 times in the past few weeks. Happens while watching a previously recorded show, and a tuner is also recording a different show.

4) Audio disappears while watching a previously recorded show. Must go out to a live tv feed, then go back to the recorded show to fix.

5) Recording two shows, and playing back 2 previously recorded shows all at the same time == video skips and have audio blips.

6) Weird behavior with timers. 3 times I have had a weird experience with timers. 1 timer I set recorded for 24 hours straight instead of the 1 hour I programmed it for. Another timer seemed to start recording about an hour early and had to be manually stopped. Just random strangeness which began in the past week or two.

Geez man, you'd think they could wrap up these issues. Many of them have existed since the 522's release.

I am having every single one of the problems and it really sucks. i know this doesnt help but just thought i'd complain to.

I feel Your PAIN

The software updates dish does are for fun while the developers are off playing golf somewhere in Colorado. Honestly The software package they are running on the 522's is a huge POS!

Need to add to this list. The audio on some of my recordings from this week kept becoming out of sync with the video last night. It was really annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)