522 L2.07 Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hmm, probably just has the election coverage app #ifdef'ed out. Or my favorite bugfixer, slash-slash. :)

Wouldn't that be kinda late AFTER the election ? or is that typical E* timing..
muhawawawaa

Rock on.

Activ8

That election thingy only loaded for me half the time anyway. When it did load Puff Daddy was in the bottom middle window threating to kill me :eek:

2.07 loaded last night. Still have election coverage. It remains to be seen what this latest software upgrade(?) is for.

cheers,
EO

Was 07 just sent to a limited number of units? Or was this widespread? I'm at work and I can't tell what ver I have until I get home.

I'm assuming this will be distributed according to the usual E* schedule.

has anyone received this and tried it? Dying to know if our problems have been solved.

Last time software came out (L2.06) someone on this board posted exactly what was being addressed in the update... where did that info come from? Is there any place that is listed?

It fixes some black screen issues. Fixes a problem some boxes had getting stuck in the program guide, and it fixes some video freezing issues.

Hope this helps. :)

Yes I agree, thank you very much Scott.
Its kinda strange my 522 was not to bad until L2.06, now its horrible, I sure hope L2.07 makes things right again.

I fired up a new 522 today - it dowloaded 207. Caught one incident of black screen during the install - prior to activating it - which I couldn't do because the E* retailer supprot center was down for hours. :(

Received 2.07 yesterday. I didn't have too much time to play with it but the remote seemed to have a faster response than normal and it didn't have any audio drops/hiccups in the (previously) recorded events that I watched. I've never had the BSOD problem so hopefully 2.07 won't change that.... Time will tell.

Got 2.07 this morning. I sure hope it fixes the dreaded Guide Of Death problem. I am sick and tired of the guide button intermitently acting like a re-boot button -- happened again last night. :mad: :mad: :mad:
This has got to be the most anoying bug with the 522 . . . so far.

Got it this morning as well although I haven't had a Guide of Death experience since getting 2.06 so maybe it is gone for good.

I checked last night, and lo and behold, I had 2.07. I still encountered audio blips (though very few), momentary frozen video and a/v sync issues. However, and this was new to my 522, it behaved differently when a/v sync was lost. When I lost sync, I would briefly rewind (not the 10 sec skip back, but rewind) and sync would be regained. I know this was always the solution to the bug, but there was a difference under 2.07. When I hit the rewind button, the video would rewind like I expected, but when I resumed playback, the video returned TO THE POINT THAT I HAD PRESSED REWIND AT and resumed playback with proper sync. So, although I still had to rewind to gain sync, I didn't have to repeatedly watch several seconds that I had already seen.

Not sure if this is a workaround, still a bug, or the official solution, but it was less annoying to live with than before!

I've had 2.07 all day and so far it looks like another step forward towards getting rid of playback glitches. I just watched a recorded show while recording two others, and glitches were fairly minimal - an improvement over 2.06 (which was itself an improvement over 2.0x for me). No sync issues that I've noticed today.

Not perfect yet, but looks like we've been getting some progress lately.

I also have noted LESS sync issues.

Still an occaisional high pitch *tweep* on playback, but not like a few versions ago.

Nothing else to note so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)