This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

522 newbie questions

dhillii

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
Guys:

I am a current DHP subscriber (3 yrs) and have a few questions regarding the 522.

Can I use one single 522 for a PIP television? Read: can I watch 2 programs via the PIP?

Can I watch one program and record another on the DVR?

IS the DVR 100 hrs?

Is there any way to get the 522 if you're on the DHP? Even if I threat to go to Directv?

Thanks

Yes, it is possible to use a TV's PIP on a 522. But then again, when set to 'single mode', you can actually use the 522's PIP on a TV that doesn't even have PIP.

Yes, in fact you can record 2 different programs while watching 2 other pre-recorded programs - though this will be taxing the sytem quite a bit.

Yes, approximately 100 hrs - give or take depending on the amount of compression in the broadcast.

I'll have to let someone else answer your last question.

Wishbone said:
Why is that? TV2 does have composite output too..

My mistake. You're right, TV2 has both RF and composite outputs, so either should work .

Don't know why I thought TV2 lacked video/audio out.

dhillii said:
Can I use one single 522 for a PIP television? Read: can I watch 2 programs via the PIP?
As mentioned, you can use the 522's native PIP to do that in single mode. Just swap the 522 in one-for-one with one of your existing receivers.

Is there any way to get the 522 if you're on the DHP? Even if I threat to go to Directv?
I was in the exact same situation and was able to get one. Here is a link to a post where I described what I did.