522 no longer recording, lost timers, etc

rhollinger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
DVR functions still work on live TV but if I press record, nothing shows up in the list of shows. Also, suddenly all timers are gone, this appears to have occured in the last 24 hours

Could poor signal cause something like this? Just went through Hurricane Wilma and had to adjust the dish myself. Had a strong signal at least on 119 and everything was working for several days. However it was windy today and I didn't tighten the bolts (nor did I loosen them). I noticed that although i have a strong signal (90+) on most transponders, there are a few that don't have a signal at all. Also, 110 appears to have a weak signal but it's green (50+/-)

Two other things that started happening today. Guide claims to be out of date and shows up with info not available, then if you cancel and re-open, the info is back. Also, when aquiring signal, it goes through the process for both 119 and 110 (visibly, it never showed them both in the past) and then comes up saying that whatever channel you are on has lost satellite signal. if you go up/down, it repeats the error and then the channel shows up.

It's going to be at least 2 weeks until a "pro" can get out here and my kids are still out of school so for sanity I'm hoping to get this resolved... :)

Any thoughts/ideas?

apparently it was the signal. went up the ladder this afternoon and got a better signal on both 119 and 110 and now timers are working again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)