522 on one TV. Many questions?

reddice

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 13, 2004
Brooklyn, New York, United States
We will most likely be switching back to Dish from DirecTV which we don't like much. As for the installation can they install a 522 for one tv so I can use the duel tuning and can they install 3 regular 510's. On the website it only shows TV's 1 and 2 for the 522 and TV 3 for the 510 and TV 4 for the 510.

I know the 522 could do single mode, how does it work. How do you switch between tuners. Can you be watching something on one tuner and switch to another tuner and rewind on either one. Also what kind of switch would they use for installation of 5 inputs on 2 dishes.

I know this is a lot of questions but I want to be prepared for when March comes.

First, it's "dual." Someone will be along shortly to make a comment about the fighting (dueling) tuners. :)

Second, yes, it can be used in single mode. However, you will NOT receive three 510s for free. The 522 counts as two TVs (even if you intend to use in single mode) so the "up to 4 TVs" promotion will limit you to the 522 and two 510s.

reddice said:
I know the 522 could do single mode, how does it work. How do you switch between tuners. Can you be watching something on one tuner and switch to another tuner and rewind on either one.
You switch between tuners by pressing the swap button, or by using the PIP function (in single mode only). I don't know this for sure, because I rarely use single mode, but I think you can rewind on either tuner when you switch back and forth (single mode users correct me if I'm wrong).

There's a button on the front of the 522 to switch between dual and single mode. PIP and associated buttons on the remote (swap, move, etc.) only work with the unit in single-mode. You cannot view the tuner two (TV2) output on TV1 unless it is in single mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts