522 Optical Audio Loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Joe Searfoss

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2004
Wellsboro, PA
Is anyone else loosing the audio on the optical output when TV2 is switched on and off ? Every time someone turns off TV2 I loose the audio on TV1 and have to channel up and down to get it back. I also loose the audio on TV1 if a timer goes off that is set to record to TV2. This started with the 201 update and happens in both single and dual mode. I see it is still happening with the latest 203 update to. I can't believe that they haven't fixed this yet. When I called Dish and reported this when 201 first came out they told me that single user mode was NOT supported yet.

Maybe they didn't create a ticket for it at that time. I would call them back, now that single user mode IS supported, and tell them that the problem is still occuring. If no one reports it (or only a few people) they won't take it serious I guess.

It's a pain in the arse..and yes, it's still happening. Whenever the tuner starts recording, it's like the box just loses focus until you do something...

Dolby Digital audio loss has continually gotten worse and worse. I first noticed it only on recorded events, then it started happening if I paused, now it happens just while watching things normally.

This is supposed to be a higher end receiver. I know it shouldn't, but it continues to amaze me the crap that the E* SW Engineers put out.

Funny that they can get the special multi-view Olympics thing out, but they can't get the basic functions to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)