522 or 510?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pyrophoric

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2004
I have an install tech coming out to set things up next week and he is bringing the 510 but I heard that the 522 has the ability to record one show while watching another on the same tv, is this true?

Also, I asked a CSR if there was a price diff between the 510 and 522 yet he said there is no diff unless I was to hook the 522 up without a phone line, should I believe this? I mean why would my bill be the same for either box?

Thx in advance :)

Unless you buy a brand new 522 from a retailers inventory, the only way you can get one of those is to lease, which is a perfectly fine option BTW. You'll deffinetly want the 522 instead of a 510. The 522 does have dual recording capabilities and NBR. If you look at what Scott just posted about the last item, you'll deffinetly want a 522.

Well, I think that is what I am doing now for the 510, leasing. What is the difference btw? I mean, if I didnt lease and didnt buy what other options should I havE?

If I am leasing, and am told my bill will be $78 including taxes per month, should I expect other or seperate charges for the box itself?

I am kinda confused here lol

Btw, I am on the phone atm with another CSR asking to lease the box and am sooooo confused.

The lady I am talking to at first said the 522 wasnt available for lease. Then she checked after I asked her to check and came back to say it was available. Now, she says she has to collect a 49.99 fee to move forward. I told her the first sales rep(from special promotions) said he was waving the 50 fee so all I would have to do is pay the first two months of service which would be 156-50(credited)=106.

I couldnt continue the convo seeing as my phone died but all I was left with was I owed the $50 and dont know if I will even get the 522 ... so far switching to Dish seems like a pain :(

Well if you're a new customer. Then yes you can lease a bunch of combinations of receivers. Your configuration depands on how many rooms you want.

If you just want a simple 2 room set up with DVR, that would get you 1 522.

The billing difference between leasing and owning is the same except for a measly penny. So I'd go with the DHA leasing plan with a 522.

The CSR is correct about 49.99 up front and then you get it credited on your first bill. Some retailers will cover the 49.99 fee or other customers can give you a club dish number that will get the 49.99 fee waived (I can give you one if you want :) )

If you got more questions let us know.

BFG said:
Well if you're a new customer. Then yes you can lease a bunch of combinations of receivers. Your configuration depands on how many rooms you want.

If you just want a simple 2 room set up with DVR, that would get you 1 522.

The billing difference between leasing and owning is the same except for a measly penny. So I'd go with the DHA leasing plan with a 522.

The CSR is correct about 49.99 up front and then you get it credited on your first bill. Some retailers will cover the 49.99 fee or other customers can give you a club dish number that will get the 49.99 fee waived (I can give you one if you want :) )

If you got more questions let us know.

Well, that is what I thought the promo rep gammie. He said he was going to wave the 49.99 upfront fee so I wouldnt owe anything till my bill and even then it would only be like $106 with the credit.

Either way, I dunno whats going on atm. I dunno if I should wait an hour for my phone to recharge and then call back or maybe wait for them to call me back ... heh

But hey, how do I get a club dish #? Someone pm'ed me and offered me something like that but at the time I told em no cause I already had that deal .. so I thought.

Thx :)

Yes, I would love that :) But would I have to start the whole process over to get that deal? I mean I already have an install date for tuesday and would like to keep things as is.

Btw, I dunno if it matters but the reason I was refered to the promo rep was cause I failed the credit check the main rep gammie. So the promo rep called me back and checked to see if I was able to get the deal he gammie, which I was.

Could all this confusion be because if I change my plan his offer isnt valid? And if it isnt valid does that mean I might not be able to get Dish? Heh, so confusing :( Maybe he didnt offer me the 522 cause I didnt qualify? :( lol

Well if you haven't finalized things yet and haven't paid the 49.99 charge, I think they can still take the club dish number. Any current customer has them, just ask :)

Do you have a land line or are you cell phone only? The 522 needs a phone line plugged in 24/7 or you get charged an additional $5/Mo.

Land line, cordless died cause wife didnt put it back on the hook ... heh :)

Yeah, they told me about that fee. I wont get a fee though if say .. I disconnect the whole box to move it to a diff room or say during a storm takes down the phone line .. do they charge for that? I would ask em myself but .. phones dead lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts