522 or 811

does it cost extra for the DVR 522 option, I have TIVO now and it dosen't reproduce HD, and I've had it since it came out in the 90's and paid for life, "just my luck" will I have to do the same with the 522?

you don't need both. They both can be leased.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

HD, DVR and PIP?

I want HDTV and, it would be nice to have a DVR that can record HD, I'll just have a HDTV no HD Tuner built in, everyone says I don't need it because we don't get OTA tv, The guy in town that sells Dish Net. said I had to buy a HD Tuner so I don't think he knows whats going on , I'm about ready to say hell with it, No one ever gives you a straight answer to questions.

If you want to record HD you'll have to buy a 921.

The 811 is a single HD STB with no recording capabilities. You can plug your stand alone TV to this and just record HD signals downconverted, if that would suffice you.

The 522 is a standard tv DVR that can output two 2 rooms independtly or 1 room with PIP.

Both the 811 and 522 can be leased, so you wouldn't have to buy those.

If you want to hook your 921 via DVI I think you'll need to supply that. But other than that they supply basic wiring.

Is that just one wire that needs to be long enough to go from the 921 to the TV, or is it 2 wires a IN and a OUT?, is it like a RCA cable? I'm sorry if these are dumb questions. I have a Big Screen now hooked to my Denon receiver, so all those wires I'll still use I think I have to hook everything up for the sound system. They just bring the TV into the house. and the Dish Net. guy will hook up the Sat. will he bring those wires?

It's kinda like a computer cable with a bunch of pins. Your TV might not have DVI, it may have HDMI, which in that case you'd get a DVI to HDMI cable

BFG said:
It's kinda like a computer cable with a bunch of pins. Your TV might not have DVI, it may have HDMI, which in that case you'd get a DVI to HDMI cable

You've got the previous year TV Ply, so you'll have DVI. You'll have to shop carefully for the DVI cable though as some stores want much more for these than they're worth. Maybe someone here can lead you to a good place to get one cheap.

Plywodstatebum said:
Is that just one wire that needs to be long enough to go from the 921 to the TV, or is it 2 wires a IN and a OUT?, is it like a RCA cable? I'm sorry if these are dumb questions. I have a Big Screen now hooked to my Denon receiver, so all those wires I'll still use I think I have to hook everything up for the sound system. They just bring the TV into the house. and the Dish Net. guy will hook up the Sat. will he bring those wires?

Go to http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/products/userguides_manuals/receivers/811/index.shtml and look at the install diagrams. This should answer your questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)