522 Picture/Audio Troubles

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

48shooter

Original poster
Nov 9, 2004
I am pretty new to Dish and DVR technology...so I am hoping this is an easy fix. I have noticed on the last few shows that have been a scheduled record, there is either pixelation in the picture or horrible audio in all of them. If I do an instant record there are no problems with either audio or video. I have a good strong sat signal, so I am not quite sure what the problem is. I have not yet contacted Dish, I was hoping to save them for last. Any thoughts are appreciated....:yes

SimpleSimon said:
The search button is your friend.

He, of course, means the Search feature of this site. Since this issue has been addressed 1,677,274 other times, you will probably be able to find your answer by doing a search.

The answer is: This is an on going problem with the 522 that Dish rarely even admits to, much less does anything to fix it. They like to blame it on improper installation.

maximum said:
The answer is: This is an on going problem with the 522 that Dish rarely even admits to, much less does anything to fix it. They like to blame it on improper installation.
And it certainly hasn't discouraged their shameless promotion of the 522 to new and old customers alike. I want to throw things at the tv when their 'Free DVR Upgrade' commercials run.
48shooter said:
I have not yet contacted Dish
Welcome to the Dish Network DVR beta tester program! Unlike other beta programs, here you get to pay for the privilege of being a guinea pig. Make haste in contacting them about the problem, and make sure you get ahold of someone above the first level 'script reader' techs.

supereal

As a sidelight to the audio sync problem, I notice that the feed to TV2 has none, or less, of the problem, when TV1 is so out of sync that it is unwatchable without multiple use of the back button. We use the optical audio for TV1. This would seem to point to the digital interface as the culprit. As the audio lag varies from channel to channel, a software fix may not do it. In that case, only a swap for a non-522 will save the brand, and may account for the smokescreen we get when we complain to Dish. Of course they know about it, even when they say they don't. Looks like marketing outran engineering and field testing.

When I first heard about this problem, I thought you guys were all full of it.

UNTIL... I watched an episode of some show, live. No problems, maybe a glitch or two, IF that. MAYBE. I'm just giving the benefit of the doubt.

Then I watched the playback, and it was nearly unwatchable.

If you guys see a particular recording that is WAY bad, save it...and see if the next update (software revision) that comes down fixes the situation.

Dish techs told me today that the current software is L233N, and that the next upgrade is past due, and will be tagged L235. This is supposed to be the fix for the audio lag. They claim that the lag is only on recorded programs, but if that is what they think, they are WRONG, at least on my 522! We have it on both "live" and recorded programs. Fun, fun, fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts