522 Recevier cycles on and off . . .

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mitchflorida

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
522 Receiver cycles on and off . . .

This seems to be a really buggy receiver. My receiver died suddenly, and then it recycles until it gets its satellite signal. The picture shows normally for about 3 seconds. Apparently, there is a timer on TV2 to record a movie. As soon as the hard drive starts recording it, it causes a power failure and the 522 turns off again. Then it recycles on, etc.

Looks like there is no way to reset this problem? Customer service says only thing they can do is send out a new receiver. And I just lost all of my important programming that I have been saving!

It sounds like you have one of my old receivers. Mine did that exact same thing. I'm on my 5th 522. Just have them send you a new one. There's nothing you can do about it.

You are on your 5th 522? You must have the patience of a Saint.

Remind me not to buy stock in Echostar or Dish Network, or whatever it is called!

I had the same problem with my receiver and have received a new one. Do not seem to have that problem anymore, however I seem to be having the magnet/ color fade problem that people have been describing, it only happens on tv1 out on all outputs coax, s-video, and rca......

Looks like I might be in line for a third receiver.

kg.

kgibson522 said:
I had the same problem with my receiver and have received a new one. Do not seem to have that problem anymore, however I seem to be having the magnet/ color fade problem that people have been describing, it only happens on tv1 out on all outputs coax, s-video, and rca......

Looks like I might be in line for a third receiver.

kg.
I'm also on my 5th receiver and every one of them had the color fade problem. So getting a new receiver probably won't fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts