522 Remote 2 UHF does not work other receivers

mjschuyler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 25, 2003
I just found out the hard way that the new 522 #2 UHF remote will not work with the 501,508,510 or 721. I had a TV in a very far bedroom that I connected to a 721 through the RF input. The remote had to be held a a certain angle to get channels and menus to work. I had read the new 522 used a new more powerful remote. I checked out the keys and it had all the keys I needed.

I went on eBay and bought a pair of 522 remotes. The #1 green IF remote works fine. I could not get the #2 Blue remote to work. I thought it was broken so I called E* Tech Support. The Tech said the 522 UHF remote uses a different frequency and will not work with older receivers! Guess I should have asked here before I bought them.

Anyone want the two remotes for $35.00 including shipping? I will post them in the used equipment forum

Murray

The 522 and 811 receivers have a better range because they use they use the new "UHF Pro" remotes. The 501,508,510, & 721 use the original UHF remote which is not compatable with "UHF Pro".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts