522 remote and Polaroid TV help

cshaff34

Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
South Indy, IN
I just recently bought a 15" Polaroid TV (FLM-1511) and I can't get the 522 receiver remote (TV 1) to work with the new TV (power on/off, volume, etc).

Anyone have any suggestions on where I can find information to program this? Is it possible even to do it?

Thanks.

Hold the TV button till all other buttons on top light up.

press the power button "not tv power"

press the up button till TV goes off, then press down if TV comes back on hit # if not hit up again till it comes on then hit #.

you are all set.

P.S what is wrong with the COLTS?

Tried that already. I am hoping that someone may know codes that the 522 manual didn't have (or some other trade secret).

Thanks though.

PS....Colts were complete let down!:( Is it too much like a Cubs fan now to say "just wait till next year"?

I also have the 522 remotes, and they wouldn't work with my TV or my HTS. The remote SUCKS! You'd think the E* would release upgradeable universal remotes, or something with a lot more codes. I'm using a on-for-all that gives me all the same commands, except the 10-second rewind feature.

Polaroid and Westinghouse TVs are among some brands that don't work with a lot of universal remotes. I don't understand why, after all these years, companies just don't stick to 10-20 IR control sets, but they still like to use ones nobody else uses.

Many Chinese DVD players have this issue, too.

I suggest getting a Harmony 676 remote. You won't regret it, and it will control anything you throw at it, and learn anything it doesn't know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts