522 Remote Question

chipwells

Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
I currently have 2 DirecTv receivers in my basement and modulated to their own channel for distribution to each of the TVs in my house. I would like to make the switch to Dish but I've discovered that the UHF remote (RCA) that I currently have that can control both receivers via UHF (Sat1 and Sat2) can't be programmed to work with the 522. On top of that I have not found a UHF remote solution that will allow me to have one remote that controls both 522 receivers. I have seen suggestions to use an IR extender but that is really more cumbersome than I want and will simply stay with DirecTv if that is the only option. Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome aboard Chip!

I think you're gonna have to stay with D*, then. I've never heard of a 3rd party UHF remote that can control E* boxes.

Ugh. I was afraid of that. Here's hoping Dish comes out with a single remote that can control two tuners via UHF.

yes can, but with dish uhf remote. u can enable uhf on 1st tuner. that's it. then u change the address on the remote. e.g. 1st tuner uhf remote on address 1, 2nd tuner uhf on address 2. (u can choose up to 15 different address) uhf remote from dish is like 49 or 59$. try ebay for better price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts