522 Remote Wont Program To Tv

ezyemail

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
I have a 32" Phillips Maganovox TV and tried every code and nothing works.

Even tried the master code feature on the 522 silver remote.

Has anyone had this problem, if so how did you get the remote to control the tv.

thanks! :confused:

i was thinking of buying a advent tv, phillps should have codes, i am not surprised that advent dosent have codes because its a new brand.

thanks for the reply, i guess i am not the only one with this problem.

I have a Phillips 57" widescreen that the remote works with. I had to do the autoscan thing to get it to work though. I tried all of the codes in the booklet that came with the 522 and couldn't get any of them to work, but I could have not been doing it right. Anyway have you tried the autoscan for a code?

Remember the DISH remote is not a learning remote it can only operate the codes that were programmed in at manufacture. If the code wasn't available a year ago it is doubtful it is in the database of the remote.

i will try the autoscan again, do you know how long it took you?? 5 mins or more?? i ran outta patients

boba said:
Remember the DISH remote is not a learning remote it can only operate the codes that were programmed in at manufacture. If the code wasn't available a year ago it is doubtful it is in the database of the remote.

I also found that it is much better to go to the Dish site and get your remote codes as the site has a more inclusive list than that provided in the product manual.

I found two of mine at the Dish site which weren't in the book.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/customerCare/technical/index.shtml

Autoscan is dependant on how fast you can push buttons. You simply push "channel up" or "channel down" until your TV turns off. My old TV and my current TV are Toshibas and they always have what seems like a dozen codes to try. After pressing the convoluted key sequence a half-dozen times, I usually give up and do the autoscan. It never takes more than a minute it seems...

ezyemail said:
i am not surprised that advent dosent have codes because its a new brand.
Advent is very possibly just a relabeled TV from some other manufacturer... I tried a very quick Google search with no luck though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)