522 software update?

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Hey, is it me or does it seem like a long time between updates? Only one update since NBR.
Either there working on something big or they feel that this version is perfect.

I know 2.32 and 2.33 wasn't a long (In fact very short amount of time) Im talking about the next update. Two months with no word seems longer than most of the updates I received in the past.

DISH is just working on the software for the replacement for the 522 so they don't need to push out anymore buggy software. I find it surprising Directv can go over a year without having to send out new software and it works DISH has to do almost monthly updates and it still dosen't work.

I sent Dish an e-mail a week ago regarding the 522 issues. They called me the other day and said a fix would be out around the 15th of March. The CSR kind of chuckled, as if this may have been a bit optimistic, but he said they are aware of the issues (sync, audio drops, etc.) and were working on them. Maybe it's because I'm a new customer, but I believe them.

The 625 is L234 and the 522 is L233... My wild guess is that at L235 or shortly thereafter the 522 and 625 will be the same except for the VOD feature.

Pepper said:
The 625 is L234 and the 522 is L233... My wild guess is that at L235 or shortly thereafter the 522 and 625 will be the same except for the VOD feature.

That would definitely make sense - hopefully with them focusing on a common codebase the problems can be fixed quicker. But I'm not holding my breath...

CopyChief said:
I sent Dish an e-mail a week ago regarding the 522 issues. They called me the other day and said a fix would be out around the 15th of March. The CSR kind of chuckled, as if this may have been a bit optimistic, but he said they are aware of the issues (sync, audio drops, etc.) and were working on them. Maybe it's because I'm a new customer, but I believe them.

I've gotten that message more than once. I have come to the conclusion that the problems you list can not be solved with software updates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts