522 swaped out for a 625 now dial out problems

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Service tech just left and swapped out my 522 for a 625. (Was suppose to be here between 12:00 and 5:00, got here at 6:00) He did not stay while the system was setting it self up, So I was left to do it my self.
I followed all the on screen prompts and got stuck on the screen that checks for phone connection, I push test and it says no dial tone detected. So I take my other phone off the hook so I have an audio dial tone then push select again, this gets me through this screen. I then go to the diagnostic menu and test the phone connection (No Good!) The strange thing is the caller ID works on the TV.
The problem I for see is getting hit with the $ fee for not being connected to a phone line.
I had this same problem with my old laptop also, never figured it out.
Could I have a weak dial tone? If so is there a way to boost it? I would hate to get another receiver again and have the same problem.
Thanks
Lenny
PS: Any difference between the 522 and 625?

I have had the same problem with my 625 for the last 6 months. I have found that if it fails a connection test that if I disconnect the line from the 625 jack itself (at the box), wait a few seconds, then plug it back in, I get a PASSED when I do the connection test. But even when the message says "Failed", my box has still dialed out to report to auditing (it lists the last connection date in the "counters" display. In other words, it is a freaky 625 thing that has caused me no problems. Please feel free to complain on behalf of all of us.

DO NOT concern yourself with the "Dail Out" option. That will work only in cirmcumstances if there is a software download that should have been put onto your box, but was not, or if you find you can't buy PPV's because the box hasn't called in the old purchases yet. Pressing "Dial Out" will cause the box to immdiatley dial and report the PPV's--BUT ONLY IF IT NEEDS TO. Otherwise you should always get a "No calls Pending" message.

Hope that helped.

I believe the only difference with the 625 is that it has "Dish On-Demand" while the 522 does not. And it says 625 not 522 ;) I don't know of any other differences though I have one of each! :)

C1787GJ said:
I believe the only difference with the 625 is that it has "Dish On-Demand" while the 522 does not. And it says 625 not 522 ;) I don't know of any other differences though I have one of each! :)
Bigger disk, but most of the extra space is reserved for DOD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)