522 to 622 any deals??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cpa4u

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 18, 2004
I am just finishing the construction of a new house and getting ready to request a "Dish Move". Are there any current promotions for someone going from a 522 to a 622? If not, does anyone expect a deal anytime soon. As I can wait to have it moved for probably about another month.

Thanks

$299 for the 622. 6 months obligation to a metallic package. You get $25 if you return your old receiver. Plus $6 per month lease fee and $5.99 DVR fee.

Sounds like nothing good right now. Too bad my local cable company isn't offering HD yet. They have no idea when they even will. So, looks like I will be stuck paying the $299 for Dish. :(

Yep, the only way to get a 622 is to fork over $299 for the privilege of leasing. I was also a 522 customer, but unlike you, I had Comcast as an option; even my E* retention rep couldn't budge on the $299, though she was willing to give me a 211 (HD non-DVR). And D* charges even more for leasing a non-MPEG4 HD DVR, though they offer some hope of a free upgrade. Either hand Charlie those 299 samoleans, or wait for a better offer. (That's basically what I'm doing at Comcast.)

I am in that same quandry. I have the option of Comcast as well with digital service for $29/month as a "dish dumper" for one year. I looked at the HD channel lineup and it looks like they have 10 channels total of HD, with at least 25% of those premium channels like HBO, etc.

With Dish I get 23 HD channels + whatever SD package I sign up for if I get the 622. I have heard horror stories about the Comcast HD DVR, but on the other hand would it be better to go cable for a year and then be eligible for a "new customer" plan after my introductory price with comcast expires next year?

Comcast was horrendous with my cable modem service I had prior to SBC offering DSL, as it routinely went out and just miraculously came back online an hour after I called to complain and them telling me they had to send a tech out a week later. :rolleyes:

How happy are you with your Comcast service?

--DD73

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts