522 tuner not shutting off

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

road_rascal

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
South Metro, Twin Cities MN
I just got my 5th or 6th replacement 522 a month ago, and I noticed that the TV1 and TV2 tuners are not shutting off overnight like the old 522 boxes used to (when I don't have anything set to record). Is this really a big deal? I've gone though so many 522 receivers I think the tuners shutting off for a few hours overnight may be a longevity issue. Maybe not. What do you guys think?

road_rascal said:
I just got my 5th or 6th replacement 522 a month ago, and I noticed that the TV1 and TV2 tuners are not shutting off overnight like the old 522 boxes used to (when I don't have anything set to record). Is this really a big deal? I've gone though so many 522 receivers I think the tuners shutting off for a few hours overnight may be a longevity issue. Maybe not. What do you guys think?
You should have a menu option for the inactivity shut down I'm not at home so I can't check my 625 for the exact option. The 522/625 and other DVRs shutdown to download the programming guide and any software updates. If the receiver isn't shut off it will within 10 days run out of program guide information.:)

boba said:
If the receiver isn't shut off it will within 10 days run out of program guide information.:)
That's a new one I haven't heard of before. I assume you're joking, thus the :) at the end. For those who don't know better -- tuners don't need to be off to get program guide updates, only to get software updates.

I don't think putting the system in standby turns off the hard drive or cooling fan. If I remember right, my 522's cooling fan still runs sometimes when both tuners are off. As far as I know the hard drive still runs too -- thus the warning on top that tells you to unplug the receiver and wait a few seconds before moving it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)