522???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dodge4322

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
Will dish activate a 522 on someone who already has dish? Say if you bought it off of Ebay.

They only activate brand new 522's that dish has never leased to someone before. So if you're buying it from a retailer on Ebay and you check to make sure it's new, you should be ok.

This has been answered in another thread in the last few days. But the answer is yes and no.

Usually Yes, if the unit was bought brand new and has never been activated but you need to contact ceo@echostar.com and not customer service.

If the unit has been actived before it is considered stolen as Dish does not sell the units and users are required to return them to Dish. These, Dish will not activate.

Dish says new ones can get out there when a valid retailer goes out of business and need to sell their stock.

Barry Erick said:
If the unit has been actived before it is considered stolen as Dish does not sell the units and users are required to return them to Dish. These, Dish will not activate.
I don't beleave that is 100% true. If the unit was a "lease" before they wont activate it, but if the unit was activated on an account where the person bought it and then sold it they will activated it because it was never a "lease" unit.

dodge4322 said:
Will dish activate a 522 on someone who already has dish? Say if you bought it off of Ebay.
Arggh. We seems to go through cycles. We are now in the newbie can't find the search button time of year. There's got to be at least 30 threads like this.

Also we seem to be getting close to newbie can't read a few posts up in the same thread time of the year. :) (not this thread, but others)

TuxCoder,SimpleSimon

Excuse me I didn't know that this is a satellite question asking bashing forum? I thought we could post questions that pertained to satellites, isn't that what this website/forum is all about. As far as newbie I do alot of looking and little posting so you can keep your comments to yourself. I am aware on how to use the search function but sometimes it is just as easy to post a new thread than to try and find what you are looking for.

:shocked As far as your comments I suppose it is better not speak and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. :shocked

dodge4322 said:
Excuse me I didn't know that this is a satellite question asking bashing forum? I thought we could post questions that pertained to satellites, isn't that what this website/forum is all about. As far as newbie I do alot of looking and little posting so you can keep your comments to yourself. I am aware on how to use the search function but sometimes it is just as easy to post a new thread than to try and find what you are looking for.

:shocked As far as your comments I suppose it is better not speak and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. :shocked
Considering that your question has been asked and answered at least 3 times a week for months, you obviously didn't bother to even look at the current postings, let alone use the search.

You're right - it's easy FOR YOU to post a new thread. Lazy slug.

On the 2 boards I post on, I've helped HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of people over the last several months. This costs me a lot of my time - a couple of hours a day - but I am happy to give it to those that respect and understand that this is done on a volunteer basis. If you were paying me, it'd be a different story - then you'd have the position to ask any question you want. :mad:

OK guys cool down....Dodge, the guys are correct in the sense that this question is answered so often that you could probably look a couple posts up and find your answer. As far as people not using the search button, I find myself merging at least a couple posts a day cause they ask the same exact question. Needless to say at the end of the day when it is all said and done your looking for an answer.

The 322 and 522 are currently lease only receivers and any receiver on ebay is not meant for retail sale therefore Dishnetwork will not activate it unless your GOD.

Closing thread...

Jason

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts