522's on Ebay

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kaydigi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
Why are they so cheap? I see auctions ending between $133 -$165. Did something happen that i'm not aware of?

They are cheap because the receivers cannot be activated through a regular CSR and they are going out of business trying to get rid of their stock. These receivers are only supposed to be available as a lease but you can get these activated by contacting ceo@dishnetwork.com with your account information. You want to make sure they are new and not ever been leased before so that they will activate it. You can get the numbers from the seller to verify them with Dish Network.

I talked to the ebay seller (a dealer) who I bought mine from and he noted that Dish required them to buy the 522's. When they leased them out he received a rebate back for the purchase price. Apparently he said, a lot of dealers didn't realize that the 522's had a "shelf life" and that if they weren't activated by certain dates, Dish would no longer rebate back their purchase price. The guy I bought mine from was dumping his inventory to recoup his purchase since his units were no longer eligible for rebate.

Jack

jcanavera said:
I talked to the ebay seller (a dealer) who I bought mine from and he noted that Dish required them to buy the 522's. When they leased them out he received a rebate back for the purchase price. Apparently he said, a lot of dealers didn't realize that the 522's had a "shelf life" and that if they weren't activated by certain dates, Dish would no longer rebate back their purchase price. The guy I bought mine from was dumping his inventory to recoup his purchase since his units were no longer eligible for rebate.

Jack

Do you have his user ID?

Just make sure that Dish doesn't consider them leased units, whatever anyone else tells you. The ceo@dishnetwork.com address can hook you up with someone who should/will activate them, but it has to be a non-leased unit for certain. :)

Brad

I have never heard of such a thing as expiring shelf life with Dish Network's receivers. I heard about this with Voom though.

andrews777 said:
Just make sure that Dish doesn't consider them leased units, whatever anyone else tells you. The ceo@dishnetwork.com address can hook you up with someone who should/will activate them, but it has to be a non-leased unit for certain. :)

Brad

I checked that out before the purchase. Its home now and activated.

Jack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)