56 Day Delay for New Titles at Blockbuster(and Netflix/Redbox also)

I remember when the studios(especially Disney) thought selling VHS movies were going to make them go broke. Now the studios are rich, the actors are richer, theaters are rich, dvd sells are great, PPV is doing a good business, and dvd rentals are making money, and then there is HBO etc. Even now and then the networks will show a movie.
Who cares how early you get to see a movie, as long as you see it sooner or later.

Redbox not going to abide by this and will still have titles on release day - Redbox refuses to push Warner movie delay to 56 days, will rent flicks as they go on sale -- Engadget

They will no longer even have the 28 day delay, which expired as part of the effort for it to become a 56 day delay. Redbox also renewed its 3700 kiosk deal with Walmart for 3 more years.

Loosely related, the only 2 Blockbusters in my and my parents' areas are "moving", when I asked what that meant vs closing, they said that staff and more valuable stock (latest releases and some video games) are transferring to another already open store... they didn't even know which one even though the stock was already gone. Sounds like they're just using moving instead of closing to avoid a little bit of the stigma associated with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)