57" Mitsubishi DLP 1080p WD-57731

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
We purchased this TV tonight. Got it on sale for $1799. Its WD-57731.

The picture on it is VERY nice! I like how it auto detects the format and resolution of whatever you have going to it, and displays whether its in 480i or p, etc.

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/j/i/18326/TelevisionDetails/WD57731.html?cid=381

We got the two year warranty which we were told includes bulb replacement, for $199.

Is the Plush1080p on by default?

I want to make sure everything gets upconverted to 1080p. :)

Nice.. I have been looking at this model and the WD-57732 for a while now. Cant decide if/when to pull the trigger, mainly because I dont know what to do with my old WS-55511 RPTV. Cant imagine it has much value for resale :(

Nice.. I have been looking at this model and the WD-57732 for a while now. Cant decide if/when to pull the trigger, mainly because I dont know what to do with my old WS-55511 RPTV. Cant imagine it has much value for resale :(

I also have the 55511. I'm not sure if the new displays are any better than the Mits, they are alot thinner and MUCH cheaper. I paid $2700 for mine four years ago. I might get $300 for it now.

I've had this TV for 5 months now. No problems. I do not know if there is a menu or meter that tells lamp hours used/remaining, if there is I have not found it. From reading other sites it is estimated to last 2 years plus under "normal" use whatever normal is.

We purchased this TV tonight. Got it on sale for $1799. Its WD-57731.

The picture on it is VERY nice! I like how it auto detects the format and resolution of whatever you have going to it, and displays whether its in 480i or p, etc.

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/j/i/18326/TelevisionDetails/WD57731.html?cid=381

We got the two year warranty which we were told includes bulb replacement, for $199.
I bought the same set back in July.I think it is the best HDTV for the money on the market. I looked and read for months before deciding on this set. It doesn't come with a stand but got the stand for $199.00,they delivered and set the whole thing up. I think the warranty is a waste of money. A replacement bulb is only a few bucks more than the warranty,so why take the chance,you may be lucky and go way past the two years. Besides the set is covered for the first year.

The stand was more expensive than I wanted to spend, but I wanted the nice look and my wife wanted a cleaner looking setup for our home theatre system. It was $369.

I took the stand and TV home myself and set it up. It helps having a full-size truck. :)

I liked the price of this TV, and the fact that it does 1080p. A good friend of ours has a 62" Mitsu DLP and a 55" Mitsu CRT and raves about them both. That's what led me to Mistubishi.

I also have the 55511. I'm not sure if the new displays are any better than the Mits, they are alot thinner and MUCH cheaper. I paid $2700 for mine four years ago. I might get $300 for it now.
I too have a WS-55511 that we keep downstairs in the HT room. After 4 1/2 years this set still puts out a stunning picture...just converge it each spring and it's good to go for another year. Unfortunately, there is little resale value so you'll want to keep it around if space and 1080p aren't an issue.

We picked up a Mits WD-57831 the first week February - it replaced a Sony GWIV in the family room. To be honest, as much as we enjoyed our 55511, I was never impressed by the Mits DLP or any of the other DLP technologies...until Mitsubishi rolled-out this years models - all of them are outstanding! I was going to replace the GWIV with an XBR2 until I did a side-by-side-by-side with a Samsung and Mitsubishi (732) DLPs and a Sony XBR2 (SXRD). The Mits 732 won in almost all categories. I was going to get a 732 since TVGOS and Firewire are important to me, but I grabbed an 831 because it was actually a better value: 831, 5-year premium warranty (to include two lamp replacements), matching entertainment stand, delivery & setup, and taxes for $2999.99.

In a nutshell: 720p and 1080i may look a little better on the 732, but if your 55511 is calibrated/converged, the differences would be minor...especially is you have full-bitrate HD feeds. However, if you watch a significant amount of SD then you'll notice a huge improvement over the 55511. Also, if you have a Blu-Ray player (i.e. PS3) this is where the new Mits DLPs will really shine; Tier 0/Tier 1 BD at full 1080p is breathtaking!

Well, that's my 2 cents...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)