Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
Recently moved my 10 footer to 58W - - - but I'm missing some channels. I get 36 channels FTA and it should be something like 45 channels.

i decided to cut the top out of the closest tree as I think it is blocking part if my signal. Pretty sure as my signal is fairly high on the channels that I receive. For example, 4041 V 26590 level is 90 and quality is 73.

i told my wife I want to climb the tree and take the top 20' out of the tree but my son said 12 gauge with buck shot would be easier and safer. Or I could just cut the whole tree down - - but the wife did not like that option.

You might think this is a joke - - but I'm serious. Cut the top out of the tree, buck shot, cut down the entire tree or do I have a different issue.

BTW, microHD receiver and missing 3960 V 30000 TP.

Will provide pictures later - raining right now.

Turn it into

images

Or
images

Make the 'leftovers' firewood.

Cut and donate to a wood shop.
Then plant 5 or so saplings .

I tried the 12 gauge shotgun method with buck shot and slugs. For small branches 1 or 2 inches in diameter it works pretty good.

I live in a rural farm area far from neighbors, this is not recommended if you have nearby neighbors in a populated area.

Did you try scanning in all channels on that transponder, not just FTA?

I changed out the LNB for the best one i have (Norsat) and only hooked up the Vertical side; now I can see 3960 V 30000. Thus the dish can "see" this TP but it is very weak. If I try to add Horizontal into the mix I lose this TP. Scans in 28 FTA channels but I've lost all the Horizontal channels. I think I will leave it alone for now.

I guess the neighbors will be happy - - no shooting for now.

Last edited:
This transponder will be sensiive to skew ajustment as there is also a horizontal transponder with the same frequency on that sat.

Yes, 3960 H 29270 - - - Digicipher 2 according to Lyngsat but that may be incorrect. I did notice I had to have the skew exactly right or I did not get 3960 V 30000.

I had been using a Band-Stacked LNB but the Norsat is better at pulling in signal.

Good thing you did not shoot the tree. If you have any bad luck, then the top may just fall down a small amount and stay up there. Then you would have to climb the tree to get the top out!:(
RT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)