5G and the Hopper?

Since terrestrial buildout's are expensive, the providers are always looking for the most cost effective areas to invest in, areas that provide the best return on investment. Rural people will probably be out of luck until some lower cost satellite service (LEO) comes along. And that is probably years away.

Actually from what I know rural is where they want to build out to first.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

As in, Verizon plans in rural first or Verizon thinks Dish will do rural first?

Maybe Verizon wants a big piece of the action before ATT and their AirGig takes hold.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
As in, Verizon plans in rural first or Verizon thinks Dish will do rural first?

Maybe Verizon wants a big piece of the action before ATT and their AirGig takes hold.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Verizon is testing in Chicago and Minneapolis right now, then plans a vast deployment on cell towers nationwide. That was what I was told. I was also told existing customers will get it for $59.99. The modems are plug and play and require no tech visit. I still don't know how they plan to overcome the lack of sufficient backhaul in some places, but I'm excited to see what they come up with.

Verizon is testing in Chicago and Minneapolis right now, then plans a vast deployment on cell towers nationwide. That was what I was told. I was also told existing customers will get it for $59.99. The modems are plug and play and require no tech visit. I still don't know how they plan to overcome the lack of sufficient backhaul in some places, but I'm excited to see what they come up with.
Plug and play modem? What about the home router and equipment?

I guarantee that the verizon modems will not be plug n play

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

This was coming directly from the mouth of a senior business Enterprise consultant. So I'm going to believe him. Do you work for Verizon, Juan?
The senior business consultant is clueless...I know what they are installing..an outside antenna with coax to a inside router...5g frequencies don't penetrate buildings very well

The senior business consultant is clueless...I know what they are installing..an outside antenna with coax to a inside router...5g frequencies don't penetrate buildings very well

Yeah and how do you know that? They're installing 5G in Moscow now? What credentials do you have that afford you so much unlimited knowledge? :coco

It must be great being you!

Look, I'm just passing along the information I was given. He said there will be home installation kits. I never said they had them NOW.
They have to send someone out with a signal meter.. if they could skip that step ..home install kits would have been out months ago. . Trust me...5g is going to replace landlines...well atleast until they find it doesn't.....then 6g will replace landlines...when they start reusing 3g frequencies then you might see a home install kit but thats years away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)