5G Is DISH’s “Manhattan Project”

I did not know that. For my previous job used to have to make a semi regular visit to the 13th (I think) floor of the VA where there was a bunch of construction going on. I must have been way above sea level. And contrary to that, I also used to have to go to sub basement #2 of HSBC Tower. The only form of communication that worked down there at the time (2010 - 2013) was 2 way radio.

I can only speak for T-Mobile, but generally in the Buffalo area, outdoors, with a stronger signal Download can be 80 – 100 Mbps, Upload can be 15 – 20 Mbps. Indoors it drops, and drops quick.

Very rarely do I go downtown or anywhere close to the city now that I'm not required to for work. However on the 15th I went to Key Bank Center for Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Outside of the arena while waiting to be let it I was getting 90 – 110 down and a solid 20 up. Inside, on the floor sitting where center ice would be, right underneath the Jumbotron, my speeds were cut in half. Topped out at around 50 x 10.

Just got back from burning some Christmas gift cards before all of the drunks get on the road.

Cheektowaga – In line at Chick Fil A – 30 x 15
Williamsville – Hobby Lobby parking lot – 90 x 15 / inside Hobby Lobby – 60 x 10
Williamsville – Wegman’s parking lot – 95 x 15 / Wegman’s café second story – 45 x 10
Depew – future site of Chick Fil A #2 – 135 x 25
Lancaster – ATM at bank near D&L Plaza - 120 x 15

And these are from Eastern Hills. The 191 is from right by Lenco Lumber, 187 is near the back of the mall by the movie theater entrance. The difference in upload is very surprising to me. Pings are always inbetween 50 - 70 ms. When I had Sprint, I'd get pings in the 40s, Verizon was 30s and 40s. In the Spring when I went to NYC and Long Island, T-Mobile pings were in the 30s, so I know they are capable of it, just don't see it around here.

4559722956.png

4559742551.png

Out in my neck of the woods aka God's Country in rural Eastern Erie/Northern Wyoming/Southern Genesee, if I actually have service, I can usually do 120 x 20 with no problem when near a tower.
This post makes me so homesick

Your welcome for that :D

Not much I'll miss when I leave. Mostly food related. Wegman's, Mighty Taco and my trio of BBQ joints in Batavia, Alex's, Ken's and Center Street Smokehouse. And can't forget Sprague's Maple Farms down by Olean. Only other thing would be the proximity to one of my favorite places ever, Presque Isle. A state park that doesn't charge you $7 to enter AND has garbage cans. One yeah, that's right, that's in PA, not NY.

Reactions: HipKat
Your welcome for that :D

Not much I'll miss when I leave. Mostly food related. Wegman's, Mighty Taco and my trio of BBQ joints in Batavia, Alex's, Ken's and Center Street Smokehouse. And can't forget Sprague's Maple Farms down by Olean. Only other thing would be the proximity to one of my favorite places ever, Presque Isle. A state park that doesn't charge you $7 to enter AND has garbage cans. One yeah, that's right, that's in PA, not NY.
The food is definitely near the top of my list of things I miss, but I'm in a terrible place, so it makes WNY that much better, not to mention I was a big part of the local music and club scene. Here, I'mm stuck with Kroger, instead of Wegmans, and triple index heat advisories in the summer with no relief from lake breezes. Plus, we have a lake house up at Black Lake. Don't miss winter though lol.

I miss the people. People in Central Illinois are cold, and not neighborly like they are in WNY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts