5LNB SWM dish install help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

amill94

Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
PA
I have a question that can hopefully be answered by you guys. I had Directv install a 5lnb HD dish with a HR23 in my living room and a standard HD receiver in the bedroom. The house was already wired. I ran a second wire to the living room dvr myself so it would be properly concealed. We want a dvr in the bedroom however there is only one line run to that location and I don't want to run another line there. I got the 5LNB SWM part of the dish so I can just swap it out. I also have the 21v Power Inserter and a SWS8WB-P splitter. My concern is how to hook it up without frying my stuff. My system currently has 4 lines run from the dish to a grounded block with 3 lines hooked up in the house.

When I put the new swm lnb on the dish I'll have the single line coming down, but then what? I'm assuming I get rid of the existing 4 block piece and run the single line from the lnb into the sws8wb on the "in from swm" port. Then on the power pass portion of the sws8wb I run a wire to the "power to swm" port on the power inverter, and then from the power inverter's "to ird" port I go to the tuner 1(swm) port on my hd dvr? Then I can just run the rest of my receivers directly from the 8 way splitter? Is this correct? I can't find an exact diagram for the parts I have and the booklet that came with the power inverter says nothing about hookup using a splitter.

Thanks.

As long as you get the direction of the PI right and within the recommended distance range, you're golden.

As long as you get the direction of the PI right and within the recommended distance range, you're golden.

Ok, well the directions for the PI show only the dish, pi and swm dvr ird....no splitter and no mention of distances. So could you please tell me if my thoughts on hookup are correct? As far as distances the pi would be within 10' cable length to the splitter which would be about 20' from the dish.

Your thoughts are correct. The PI needs to be 150' or less from the LNB. You are good there. Maybe this SWM pdf file from DirecTV will help:

Attachments

• SWM%20-%20In.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 3,274
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)