5's and 7's messed up after filmware upadate

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstokas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
My guide and menu is still messed up. Everything is good except the top of the number 5's and 7's are cut off. Also a few times the top of what is on is cut off. Eg. UNC @ USC The top of all those letters will be off.

Mine Too...

And besides the 5s and 7s a lot of the letters in the guide and menu are missing part of the top.

What is much worse is that since my H20 updated on Tuesday the picture quality is not nearly as good. Every channel is fuzzy and very poor compared to last week. Is this the result of the new firmware or is D* picture quality just really bad right now? anyone?

I found that whereas before the update the receiver was transmitting the SD channels in 720p when the receiver was set to "Native Mode", afterward it was transmitting them at 480p. That and how your TV scales the various modes could provide an explanation.

nmstough said:
I found that whereas before the update the receiver was transmitting the SD channels in 720p when the receiver was set to "Native Mode", afterward it was transmitting them at 480p. That and how your TV scales the various modes could provide an explanation.

I have mine set to Native and it does show that it is in 480i when viewing SD material but it still doesn't look nearly as good as before the update. I tried 720p fixed and 1080i fixed but they are even worse. Always have been whether on cable or D* when viewing SD material.
There is also the issue of the tops of letters and numbers being chopped off in the guide and menus. I want my old 0A firmware version back.:mad:

Just got off the phone with d*. Their H20 has the same problem with the tops of the 7's and 5's being cut off. Their head tech supposingly was aware of the problem, and said will be fixed on the next update. :(

DTRJ said:
Just got off the phone with d*. Their H20 has the same problem with the tops of the 7's and 5's being cut off. Their head tech supposingly was aware of the problem, and said will be fixed on the next update. :(

D* needs to work on their software verification & validation procedures. The mpeg 4 transition debacle continues.

Don

donyoop said:
D* needs to work on their software verification & validation procedures. The mpeg 4 transition debacle continues.
Don
Yeah, I guess some folks figure that when a new technology is released, it should work perfectly out of the box.....:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)