5xx Software today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tomdkat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Anyone know what is in the software version 3.0 that 5xx series is getting today?

I don't know for sure but Dish's site shows the 501/508/510 are getting it today. Hopefully it is the NBR update. Hopefully someone will confirm.

According to Mark at DBSTalk there is nothing to get excited about in this release. Definitely no NBR. Release notes will be posted later today.

NightRyder

Hi, I have never received a software upgrade since I started with E*. I have the 510 and have permission set on for upgrades and turn off the receiver at night. Why haven't I received the update yet? Are they released to all on the same day or what? Please let me know...Thank you! :confused:

How do you turn it "off" ?? You're not unplugging it from the wall outlet or turning off a power-strip that it's plugged into, are you ??

What version does your 510 have ?? Dish will update small numbers of receivers initially (sometimes). Their website will list *both* the current and the "new" version when that's going on. Once only one is listed though, ALL receivers should have it.

Dish rolls out software in 3 phases in order to limit the number of customers effected should an unforeseen problem arise. Just power your receiver off via the remote every night and you will eventually receive the update. Most software updates will be fully distributed in 7 to 14 days.

NightRyder

hall said:
How do you turn it "off" ?? You're not unplugging it from the wall outlet or turning off a power-strip that it's plugged into, are you ??

HAHA...No hall, Not turning it off like that, just by the remote. I may be new to dish, but not technically disadvantaged. :D

510 says I still have 2.23, so nope to updated yet. But you are saying within 2 weeks basically the updates are rolled out?

Thanks again!