6/11/2009 12:39am - Uplink Activity Report - 20 changes

D

DigiDish Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 6/11/2009 12:39am - 20 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 06/11/2009 12:23A - 06/11/2009 12:38A

Channel Removals:
9590 - HMC (A) (H) removed from EchoStar11 110W TP 01 ConUS beam
9591 - HMC (A) (H) removed from EchoStar11 110W TP 01 ConUS beam
9592 - HMC (A) (H) removed from EchoStar11 110W TP 01 ConUS beam
9593 - HMC (A) (H) removed from EchoStar11 110W TP 01 ConUS beam
9594 - HMC (A) (H) removed from EchoStar11 110W TP 01 ConUS beam
9595 - HMC (A) (H) removed from EchoStar11 110W TP 01 ConUS beam
9596 - HMC (A) (H) removed from EchoStar11 110W TP 01 ConUS beam

Channel Moves:
6265 - KATU [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 27 Spotbeam 44 (A) (H)(Portland, OR-ABC)
6414 - KOMO [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 04 Spotbeam 45 (A) (H)(Seattle, WA-ABC)
6420 - KATU [MPEG4 HD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 44 (A) (H)(Portland, OR-ABC)
7136 - KBCI [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 25 Spotbeam 41 (A) (H)(Boise, ID-CBS)
7181 - KVAL [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar7 119W TP 01 Spotbeam 3 (A) (H)(Eugene, OR-CBS)
7301 - KBAK [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 25 Spotbeam 42 (A) (H)(Bakersfield, CA-CBS)
7303 - KBFX [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 25 Spotbeam 42 (A) (H)(Bakersfield, CA-N/A)
7741 - KIDK [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 29 Spotbeam 37 (A) (H)(Idaho Falls, ID-CBS)
8610 - KOMO [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar7 119W TP 03 Spotbeam 3 (A) (H)(Seattle, WA-ABC)
8624 - KUNS [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar7 119W TP 02 ConUS beam to EchoStar7 119W TP 03 Spotbeam 3 (A) (H)(Bellevue, WA-UNI)
8670 - KATU [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 27 Spotbeam 44 (A) (H)(Portland, OR-ABC)
8678 - KUNP [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar7 119W TP 02 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 27 Spotbeam 44 (A) (H)(La Grande, OR-UNI)
9366 - KIMA [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar11 110W TP 19 ConUS beam to EchoStar10 110W TP 12 Spotbeam 45 (A) (H)(Yakima, WA-CBS)

Channels in the system: 6603
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

they weren't conus beams b4...they've always been spots.

When a local channel is pulled from the lineup, due to contract disputes or whatever, E* usually moves the channel to a CONUS beam and puts up a slate on the channel telling subs of the dispute. Why they do this, I really don't know.

When a local channel is pulled from the lineup, due to contract disputes or whatever, E* usually moves the channel to a CONUS beam and puts up a slate on the channel telling subs of the dispute. Why they do this, I really don't know.
They do it so people won't think its E* fault for the channel drops.;)

Because it is much easier to take all the channels and point them to the same video stream instead of having to use 10 pieces of equipment scattered around the US they just use one piece of hardware to run the video/slate.

I think this is funny. We saw Charlie the other night talk about Fisher, his body language and words chosen was pretty much saying "When hell freezes over they will be back." Now a couple of days later they are back? Hmmm..... did the AAD Distants have something to do with this? I 100% believe so! They saw that...checked the laws, and said "Damn! We better get our retransmission money."

I wouldn't be surprised if we see quite a few contracts signed in the next week.

I could have swore that for Boise CBS was on satellite 129 on a smaller spot beam. The spot beam on 110 seems to be much larger. I wonder if this was part of the deal ...

Edit: Nevermind ... this seems to be for the SD channel only. They are not doing the HD channel yet. At least the guide info is there which is nice for a change. Here's to hoping the HD comes soon ...

Edit Again: Or I wonder if this was a ploy by Fisher to say ... okay ... we'll give you the SD ... but no HD. This also then prevents AAD from giving HD channels in the disputed areas because the channel is now available ... ???

Last edited:
... Or I wonder if this was a ploy by Fisher to say ... okay ... we'll give you the SD ... but no HD. This also then prevents AAD from giving HD channels in the disputed areas because the channel is now available ... ???

From what I understand if you don't get an HD channel (even though you get the SD) you CAN get it from AAD. Just you have to pay $6.99 a month for it.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

$7 for one HD channel (two if you get east and west feeds) ... that is expensive.

(How come its more than the normal $3.50?)

If it is really $7 then Fisher knows, at least in my area, that very few people are not going to be coughing that up just to get CBS in HD, so by giving up SD, Fisher has still basically blocked anyone from getting HD.

Boise HD locals were launched back in May 2009. Hopefully the no HD for CBS is just a technical issue ... Dish just needs to retest the uplink ... etc ... actually, I think CBS' HD channel is changing from a UHF channel to a VHF one tomorrow (don't quote me though) ... maybe that is what Dish is waiting for ... time will tell I guess ...

$7 for one HD channel (two if you get east and west feeds) ... that is expensive.

(How come its more than the normal $3.50?)

If it is really $7 then Fisher knows, at least in my area, that very few people are not going to be coughing that up just to get CBS in HD, so by giving up SD, Fisher has still basically blocked anyone from getting HD.

Boise HD locals were launched back in May 2009. Hopefully the no HD for CBS is just a technical issue ... Dish just needs to retest the uplink ... etc ... actually, I think CBS' HD channel is changing from a UHF channel to a VHF one tomorrow (don't quote me though) ... maybe that is what Dish is waiting for ... time will tell I guess ...
Right now, AAD is charging $3.49 per month per network and all four for $12.99. Here is the website. https://www.mydistantnetworks.com/
I don't think that there has been any posted info regarding pricing of HD distants by AAD.

Really for me ... after all is said and done ... the point is moot as we rarely watch CBS ... so we are fine with just OTA ... getting back Dish's version though does give us some recording flexibility if the OTA tuner is being used ... and we get the guide back!

Thanks Digi...

Because it is much easier to take all the channels and point them to the same video stream instead of having to use 10 pieces of equipment scattered around the US they just use one piece of hardware to run the video/slate.QUOTE]

for connecting the dots for me on that one. It never ceases to amaze me the stuff you learn here!

Bruin95...

and thanks to you 1st! :) ...I missed your response, oops!

Perhaps this new law will help prevent these network local stations from wanting too much money since an alternative channel can be purchased in place of theirs and the people can get their local news from another network station that is not so greedy.

I read a thread that said all 4 networks in HD from AAD was $34.99 per month -WAAAAY TOO much!

They do it so people won't think its E* fault for the channel drops.;)

I was referring to why E* moves the channels to CONUS. Digiblur answered that question.

getting back Dish's version though does give us some recording flexibility if the OTA tuner is being used ... and we get the guide back!
:up Hip hip horay!

What a pain that was with no guide info for the closest 3-4 days. I made tons of communications with people to get that guide info straightened out. So I'm happy to have my OTA HD guide info now. It is much easier to tell what you've recorded when there are actual names instead of the "Important info" name for everything.

I'm guessing you'll be watching the sporting events even if you don't watch the generic CBS shows much. I know I will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts