6/2/2010 4:06pm - Uplink Activity Report - 263 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Alaska still has a lot of duplicate channels, such as TNT at 5501(spotbeam on 110) and 5583(spotbeam on 129). I wonder if this new bird will allow them to replace some of these?

I'm sure hoping that a bunch of premiums will replace those duplicates. Also, since the Hawaii HD locals moved from 110 to 129, there's room for 8 HD premium channels on tp23 at the e*10 spot 47.

Okay here is the dumb question of the night,

Seeing how it says available does that mean they are available to order now or do I have to wait until its official "June 3rd"
Not a dumb question.

If you already subscribe to a package that includes those channels, then as soon as it goes "Available" then they should appear in your Guide.

If you need to subscribe - then it takes overnight for the channels to be available in the customer service representative's screens so that they can add a subscription for you.

I'm sure hoping that a bunch of premiums will replace those duplicates. Also, since the Hawaii HD locals moved from 110 to 129, there's room for 8 HD premium channels on tp23 at the e*10 spot 47.

That would be nice.

Did you notice that they uplinked I think 3 more HD channels for us. They also added HDNET(5510) to 119, which makes me think it's leaving 110 soon and maybe replaced with something else.

i wonder why the Springfield MA fox and abc are showing NA but nbc and cbs are available or am i reading that wrong.

Nope, I get WGGB OTA and expected the guide to be populated (ABC with Fox on subchannel 2). Rumor had been that Dish was having problems with one of the stations - but I think everyone thought it was WWLP - but it looks like it is WGGB. Still hoping they turn WBGY on for the rest of us in Western Mass as a PBS mandated station.

All your PBS local channels have been up on Dish for years.

While this is true, there are people out there who want their PBS locals in HD. The "center cut" used since the DTV transition a year ago has made viewing local PBS stations, worse, not better.

While it is nice to welcome KCEC (Univision in Denver) as a new HD channel in time for the World Cup; having KRMA and KBDI in HD will be a great plus.

If so, then that would purely be due to the large amount of uplink activity that would require putting some connections off until tomorrow...

I believe the fill-ins can't be turned on until the courts approve the injunction allowing dish to carry them. It is supposed to be signed tomorrow at noon. Dish was supposed to show that they would carry all of the markets and then the waiver would be granted.

There is a discussion about it on dbstalk.com with a bunch of legal jargon that I don't fully understand.

DISH Files for permission to provide distant networks (Court Tracking) - DBSTalk.Com

While this is true, there are people out there who want their PBS locals in HD. The "center cut" used since the DTV transition a year ago has made viewing local PBS stations, worse, not better.
He didn't mention HD ...

In the San Francisco DMA, Dish is required to add 9 additional HD locals by a date in 2013 (and by then, there may be other new HD locals that they will need to add), and 3-4 of those are HD PBS channels. The new STELA law requires Dish to add all of those HD PBS channels by the end of 2011.

One of those nine HD locals is the Univision O&O channel in the SF area, which is mysteriously missing from this uplink report that contains most of the local Univision O&Os.

My speculation is that just to get those 3-4 HD PBS channels in the SF DMA, along with the Univision HD local, they will need to turn on the dormant SF spot beam on 129. Perhaps the lack of KDTV-14 in the uplink report is evidence that they are in the process of working on that, not to mention the fiber feeds that would be necessary.

Last edited:
5290(9) - WTVM [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar8 77W TP 28 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)(Columbus, GA-ABC)
5291(3) - WRBL [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar8 77W TP 28 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)(Columbus, GA-CBS)
5292(38) - WLTZ [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar8 77W TP 28 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)(Columbus, GA-NBC)
5293(54) - WXTX [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar8 77W TP 28 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)(Columbus, GA-FOX)
5294(28) - WJSP [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar8 77W TP 28 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)(Columbus, GA-PBS)
Wow, Columbus goes to not having locals straight to HD. Lucky them.

Fortunately my Dad got them OTA anyway, he's in a sweet spot and gets Atlanta, Macon, and Columbus OTA. The worst ones are the ones from Atlanta, but since he's at the very edge of that market, he has them provided by Sat.

5282(7) - KPLC [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar8 77W TP 10 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)(Lake Charles, LA-NBC)
5285(20) - KLTL [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar8 77W TP 10 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)(Lake Charles, LA-PBS)
5272(22) - WWLP [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar8 77W TP 22 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)(Springfield, MA-NBC)

HD in LC? are you kidding me? Shreveport has been waiting for local HD over a year, and we are the 2nd largest city in LA, yes I know they are coming ......... :rant:
me thinks that digiblur had something to do with this! :D

Contacted Dish today for Lake Charles, LA. They are able to turn on NBC,CBS,ABC, FOX today. No OTA antenna. All from the satellite. They claim that CBS,ABC are from Lafayette, and Fox, NBC from LC.

Contacted Dish today for Lake Charles, LA. They are able to turn on NBC,CBS,ABC, FOX today. No OTA antenna. All from the satellite. They claim that CBS,ABC are from Lafayette, and Fox, NBC from LC.

That's not what we are seeing here. Nor does that make sense on what they told you.

On Eastern Arc (77w) I see ABC, CBS duplicated from the Beaumont 61.5 spotbeam, and PBS, FOX, and NBC from Lake Charles. The LC FOX did not go active like the NBC did.

Also Lafayette is on 110 for SD and 129 for HD, they wouldn't be creating a split arc local setup where you had to have an odd ball setup. They should have just added NBC, FOX, and PBS to the space available on the Lafayette HD beam and left everyone in LC in a Dish1000.2 instead of having to swap folks to 1000.4. But I guess they had their reasoning for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)