6/22/2016 12:28 - Uplink Report - 54 Changes

I mean this thread is all of 3 pages long, it shouldn't be that hard to follow along
Three pages of posts about all of these channels:

Channel Additions:
281 - BBCWN [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar16 61.5W TP 12 Conus (BBCWN)(NA)(H)
281 - BBCWN [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 19 ConUS (BBCWN)(NA)(H)
362 - BETG [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar16 61.5W TP 12 Conus (BETG)(NA)(H)
362 - BETG [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 10 ConUS (BETG)(NA)(H)
363 - BETS [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar16 61.5W TP 12 Conus (BETS)(NA)(H)
363 - BETS [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar11 110W TP 10 ConUS (BETS)(NA)(H)
364 - CMTMU [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar16 61.5W TP 12 Conus (CMTMU)(NA)(H)
364 - CMTMU [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 19 ConUS (CMTMU)(NA)(H)
365 - BETJM [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar16 61.5W TP 12 Conus (BETJM)(NA)(H)
365 - BETJM [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 06 ConUS (BETJM)(NA)(H)
366 - MTVU [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar16 61.5W TP 12 Conus (MTVU)(NA)(H)
366 - MTVU [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 17 ConUS (MTVU)(NA)(H)
368 - MTVHT [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar16 61.5W TP 12 Conus (MTVHT)(NA)(H)
368 - MTVHT [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 14 ConUS (MTVHT)(NA)(H)

Reactions: dare2be
If it that important to you , then the alternative is to go with Directv as soon as your commitment is up with DISH.

The problem is value to me as a consumer, as I would think it is for everyone. Since Dish's state of the art product is geared for HD & 4K........doesn't it make sense to have programming that would highlight that product?
They are phasing out the SD receivers yet continue to ad SD programming..........come on that makes no sense

They are phasing out the SD receivers yet continue to ad SD programming..........come on that makes no sense
I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps BBC World News agreed to be HD-only on Directv because Directv was no longer signing up new customers with SD equipment. In July, Dish will be able to say the same thing, but since this deal was completed before July, BBC World News ended up as SD-only.

The problem is value to me as a consumer, as I would think it is for everyone. Since Dish's state of the art product is geared for HD & 4K........doesn't it make sense to have programming that would highlight that product?

I agree with you about adding a channel in HD if it's available, but Dish is going to do what is most beneficial to it's bottom line.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: bobvick
I agree with you about adding a channel in HD if it's available, but Dish is going to do what is most beneficial to it's bottom line.

In this case, if true that seems like Penny Wise and Pound Foolish. BBCWN and TVLand should be in HD. I'll even agree all new added channels if available should be in HD now. At least TVLand original programming is in HD on either Comedy Central or Nick.

There is no doubt about that.........bottom line is the man objective, but to maintain that bottom line, you need customers that purchase your product. In today's market, HD & 4K are the hot topics. Nobody wants to watch a fuzzy picture on a 60" (or larger) flat screen tv. They want sharp, vibrant colors. Again, what is the sense in having the best hardware on the market, if your programming is 2nd rate. Dish isn't shy about raising our rates every year, despite the customer having to endure loss of programming due to continual fights with providers...........all in the name of keeping the price down for the consumer. Now due to the current fight, we no longer have WGN, so dish substitutes TNT. I'm already paying for TNT, so now I get to pay for the channel twice during this squabble. Doesn't seem like that is such a good deal for the consumer

I agree with your perspective on this subject ,but this is DISH. They are known as the "low priced leader" in programming since 96. Now that sounds funny now days with price hikes every year , created DISH fees that are increasing every few years(for example: hopper 1 came out it was $7.00 in 2012, then Hopper 2 came out in 2014 it was $10.00 , and now Hopper 3 comes out in 2016 and it is now $15.00), but compared to Directv and cable , they are indeed lower in programming prices. Even their fees that I fervently disagree with in price and the amount, are cheaper than the competition. So they are going to continue to go down this road doing things the way they are , as long as Charlie is the owner . I personally think every channel that has an hd feed should be on DISH now ,since hd has been the norm now for over 10 years.

As for the channel disputes and dropping of channels, I agree with DISH on this subject, because forced bundling of channels like WGN in the locals pack is kind of why are programming has gone up every year. Locals channels are now getting in on the act like DISNEY has done with ESPN and ABC. You want one you have to take all and pay for it. IF we continue down this road, there will be no end to the greed that the locals companies like TRIBUNE will stoop to, in order to make even more profits on a channel like WGN, that DISH already carries as a national feed anyway. IN this case if you won't stand up for something you will fall for anything. If this means we lose WGN , so be it. I only watch one show on this channel anyway(SALEM) and it has been a year since I have seen that one anyway.

If it is really important to you to have WGN ,then I suggest that you call DISH and ask for some $ credits for the loss of this channel for so many months and or try to go to the competition if you still want the channel.

Reactions: Tampa8
No WGN is not that important at all. The basic issue is that the consumer lost some channels due to Dish's philosophy, for basically a month..........yet our monthly charge did not change even though we lost value. yes, I could have probably called & complained and got a reduction, but that is not the point. What about the older folks that subscribe? They don't have the energy or the gumption to call for a discount. Everything & everyone in society today takes advantage of the older people. Scams everywhere target the elderly. Sadly, unless people are informed through sources like this, they just take what happens because they don't know anything else to do.

No WGN is not that important at all. The basic issue is that the consumer lost some channels due to Dish's philosophy, for basically a month..........yet our monthly charge did not change even though we lost value. yes, I could have probably called & complained and got a reduction, but that is not the point. What about the older folks that subscribe? They don't have the energy or the gumption to call for a discount. Everything & everyone in society today takes advantage of the older people. Scams everywhere target the elderly. Sadly, unless people are informed through sources like this, they just take what happens because they don't know anything else to do.

That isn't a realistic outlook on it. Monthly charge did not go down isn't a valid argument. Do you then want to pay more each month DISH adds a channel, or adds any value? In addition generally there is a credit given if you ask something DISH does not have to do by contract but generally does for good will. Saying someone else may not call in to get a credit has no bearing on you getting it or something DISH is doing wrong. Worried if others get the discount too, do you also worry if they clip that coupon to save money in the store? Assuming you know to get something but others don't demeans them. There are fewer or any large block consumer groups with more time to call and complain than retired people and in today's world they do know how to research online. More than you think get help from other family members. That doesn't mean everyone does or want to.

That isn't a realistic outlook on it. Monthly charge did not go down isn't a valid argument. Do you then want to pay more each month DISH adds a channel, or adds any value? In addition generally there is a credit given if you ask something DISH does not have to do by contract but generally does for good will. Saying someone else may not call in to get a credit has no bearing on you getting it or something DISH is doing wrong. Worried if others get the discount too, do you also worry if they clip that coupon to save money in the store? Assuming you know to get something but others don't demeans them. There are fewer or any large block consumer groups with more time to call and complain than retired people and in today's world they do know how to research online. More than you think get help from other family members. That doesn't mean everyone does or want to.

we do pay more............every February when they raise pricing & fees

Reactions: Troch77
we do pay more............every February when they raise pricing & fees

If all programming fees stayed the same for three years to DISH fuel costs increased employee fees, electric increases, paper cost increased etc etc... would increase the bill. My electric bill rises every year along with most everything else. The best evidence that DISH taking these stands can result in lower bills is my $26 less I pay with them than if I had Directv and a bigger savings with some Cable.

If all programming fees stayed the same for three years to DISH fuel costs increased employee fees, electric increases, paper cost increased etc etc... would increase the bill. My electric bill rises every year along with most everything else. The best evidence that DISH taking these stands can result in lower bills is my $26 less I pay with them than if I had Directv and a bigger savings with some Cable.

The best evidence is stock price

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts