6/3/2009 12:59pm - Uplink Activity Report - 94 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't know. They're already on the beam and some subs are pointed at 61.5 with double dish installations. It's not likely any other market could be placed on the 61.5 beam in that area. Things may change a couple years down the road but I don't see them taking the channels off the 61.5 spot beam.

Ding ding....we have a winner!

I don't know. They're already on the beam and some subs are pointed at 61.5 with double dish installations. It's not likely any other market could be placed on the 61.5 beam in that area. Things may change a couple years down the road but I don't see them taking the channels off the 61.5 spot beam.
I don't have the 61.5 spot beam map handy but I _thought_ San Antonio was within the foot print of spot beam 17. And since San Antonio is a much larger DMA than Austin, giving EA and WA sats for the SA HD locals might be a better use of bandwidth on 61.5. But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Dish does a lot of things I don't consider too clever :)

FWIW I'm one of those double dish installs in the Austin DMA. Turning off the Austin HDs on 61.5 would not be a big deal to folks like me, since our other dish is a 1000.2 already pointed at 129.

Talon Dancer

Last edited:
Good timing for Charlie on this one. I'm having my house painted next week here in Austin. I had a 2 dish setup. I'm going to take a chance and pull the 61.5 down before the spraying begins...... Time will tell.

It should work just fine provided your switch doesn't go nuts. I never had a 61.5 dish. My four Dish locals come through in perfectly soft HD-lite.

Sorry, Dish, I do notice the difference between down-rezzed, bitstarved MPEG4 and my fuller bitrate MPEG2 OTA feeds.

So Telemundo HD along with MSNBC HD? Both are NBC Universal properties.
It is likely that it is neither.
Telemundo is a network, and appears in local channels, not national.

MSNBC is not included in any Dish Latino package, so it will not be in Dish Latino HD, any more than Fox News was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)