6 Foot Dish Installation - Not On Pole

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

spongella

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Central NJ
Does anyone have a C band dish that is mounted differently than on a standard pole mount? Have an old 6 footer and heard that there is a mount with a circular base that can be weighted down with blocks. Thanks.

Used to have one of those 1.6m (6') ring base types with a Kipp adjustable elevation handle. The collapsed reflector would lay flat in the trailer or across the truck bed. Would arrive at a location with 6 or 8 sandbags and be up and pointed in about 10 minutes if I didn't need to haul it up to the roof. Rented it many, many times for occasional downlinks at auditoriums, churches and offices. Paid for itself by the end of the 2nd day rental... :)

This is a photo of a similar one:
ku_band_120cm_satellite_dish_antenna_eurostar.jpg_220x220.jpg

Once, dug a hole in the sand at the beach, aimed the dish and back filled the bottom 3rd for holding the reflector in place. It is amazing the MacGyvering that we will do to 'git'er done"! :D

Thanks Titanium and beavs 2112. Yep, that's the one. Very simple construction. Like the elevation adjustment. Now the hunt starts to find a vendor. Will check around if they are still available.

I use both a 6' and 8' ring mount. The 6' is mounted onto a wooden table on my deck using metal brackets and the 8' is mounted onto a concrete pad using metal brackets. Had them for years and work very well.

Reactions: spongella
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)