6 foot prodelin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

english2fourth

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
city of the angels cali
i came by a prodelin 6, but i wonder if i could create a manual rotor that is balanced on an angel, so that when it turns, it is on the clark. i was thinking of a sort of a lazy susan like turntable, that will be on a precise bias that allows me to turn it in intervals so that i can hit each satellite with a flick of the wrist. i have been inspired by the dish mods and what have you so i spent the christmas break creating devices, like a ku poor mans dish with a double, and single sidecars. i wll test the new configuration on that tonight, and hope to get 19 solid degrees on the dish. i continue to be fascinated by the creativity of the members, and now if i can just stop tinkering and watch tv! lol

Unless you are good with cutting, welding, an fab work it is not a easy task, I know I just finished up a 1.2meter H to H set up.

What I would do is google Prodelin, an 6-foot should be a 1.8-meter, prodelin makes a polar mount kit for their off set dishes, with vey great in detail on how to install an set up. that is what help me out on getting my 1.2m to track the ark, plus it also helps when you know you're offset angle of the dish when doing this mod. all of their parts are hot dip galvanized an they have all the leg work done for you, price on the kit is about $250 plus shipping. good luck that dish is a great performer.

re-inventing the past ?

If you want to be helpful, tell us about how many degrees off bore sight you can get FTA Ku satellites on that dish. - :up
Sounds like that's what you are set up for.
And we could really use your input for another thread.

As for your idea of moving the dish, doesn't that conflict with using multiple LNBs? :rolleyes:

If you are serious, all you have to do is lean the support pole back toward the north the same number of degrees as your latitude...
Then rig the mount to tip the dish forward (down toward the south) the 22..25 degrees of offset the dish has...
(plus a few degrees for declination...)
Now, when you twist the dish on the not-so-plumb pole, it'll go from one bird to the next, without further adjustment.
In the old days, some BUDs were equipped with a crank to make this movement.
You could have a cheat-sheet with how many turns of the crank to go from one bird to the other. ;)

If you rig up something like this, just be careful you don't let the weight of the dish at far east or far west angles, rip your arm off! - :eek:
We don't need to go hunting any one-armed men here on the Sat forum! - :D

reinventing?

no, i became bored with the many ku on the dish. it was okay, but then i got the c, and a smaller prodelin 85 cm that let me lock the ku 97 and 101, which is all i really care about, now that i have the c beast. i got them from an auto dealer that went down. "take it down, it's yours" which seems to be a familiar reply to board members. it has an ancient ku c lnbf that weighs twenty pounds, which works as a ku, can't really test the c, no read...i want to go h to h on the six footer, and the hand crank sounds fun, and since it is my fun project, i just use it to watch the shows on my deck, which is right by the dish. my ku is good, i just want to play with the c, so the outdoor crank is great...warm sea air, southern california...living the dream:)

i should get some pics of the old lnbfs...they are HUGE! and HEAVY!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)