This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

6 ft dish

etlam34

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2017
Quebec city
i finally made the move of buying a 6 ft dish ! Much better than my 4ft that i bought last year! So far i’m receiving all the channels i was struggling to lock on the 4ft dish.

Having the sathero 200 and the titanium lnb helps a lot!

It takes a lot of space in my backyard, but if we move from here i’ll make sure to get a bigger back yard that can fit an 8 ft dish!

So far i was succesfull with these satellites:

133w
125w
107w
105w
103w
101w
99w
97w

Next step will be to check 58w and 55w

I have a similar Fortec Star brand 6' dish and been using it for 10 years, bolted to a wood pallet sitting on some concrete blocks with more blocks for ballast. I recently had to replace the pallet due to deterioration from the weather but otherwise I've had good luck with it. Currently pointed at 113W.

I like the mobility of it. I can move it anywhere quickly around the property for line of sight to satellites I wouldn't have with permanent polar mounts.

How does it do in the wind?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

The 1.8m Fortec used slightly heavier gauge steel for the panels than other brands. For example, the WSI model came from the same factory as the Fortec, but the metal was 1/2 the thickness.

Know before you buy!

Reactions: raydio