Status
Please reply by conversation.

manuelpaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
Hi all.

i just found that 6 foot fortec star dish is kind of same QS as the 10 foot.
maybe just for 14 counts or less. but i really like my 6 foot tortec star from Sadoun. good quality dish, not heavy and y can take it easy where ever you want.
Well i got 8 foot fotec star dish , this dish is really big, I never try to even open from the box, well i got 2 of those. but my Question is. tis 8 foot will be have the same or more Quality signal than the 10 foot.

if someone can answer this question , i really be happy.

Attachments

• DSC00032.JPG
    DSC00032.JPG
    955.7 KB · Views: 272
Last edited by a moderator:
sorry mistake foto

hello guys

i really make a mistake with second foto, here is the one

manny

Attachments

• DSC00177.JPG
    DSC00177.JPG
    905.1 KB · Views: 304
. . . but the real question is:

. . . why isn't your 10 foot dish doing better?
Maybe not aligned fully?
Maybe the LNBF?
Maybe the mesh is sagging or damaged?

I don't know anything about KTI 10'er, but would expect significantly better C-band than a 6' dish.

edit:
Due to some current server problems, I can't look up this link to be sure it is relevant to our discussion.
However, in a day or two, give it a try and see...
McLapp makes interesting observations of DMX741 on 6' offset and 10' BUD:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-...x-antenna-dms-bsc621-2d-lnbf.html#post1957659

Last edited:
For RFDTV on AMC1 103ºW, I went from 36% quality on my 6' Fortec star, to 99% quality on my 10' mesh I use now.:eek:

Hi guys

really happy for ur threads and i'll work more with the kti to see if i can get better signal quality. i'll keep post it. thanks

Manny

Manuel,

Thanks for your business and comments about our dish This is actually a SADOUN brand dish and not Fortec Star dish.

~ It is a thicker dish than the Fortec (0.8mm vs 0.6mm)
~ Galvanized steel
~ Heavier duty mounting brackets and hardware.

The 6ft dish will get almost 90% of the C-band signal out there with enough signal quality to keep a lock on the signal. Bigger is usually better since the dish will collect and reflect more signal from satellites.

I am happy with the 6ft dish and user reviews have been positive the last few years. We will introduce an 8ft dish this year. We don't expect the sales volume to be as much as the 6ft dish due to weight, box size, and shipping costs.

Here is an old picture of our packaging and you can see the box size difference:
Dish-packages.jpg

With heavy Norsat LNBs and Chaparral feedhorn you need to play with the arms to get the focal point right. I can tell you it's a royal pain in the ass. I have a 6 foot Fortec pointed at AMC1 and an 8 foot Fortec pointed to AMC10. The only reason I use these dishes is for the ground mount. With the 6 footer, I use it only for DW-TV. Certain parts of the year, reception is perfect, and other parts it is sub par. Right now, most of the day the reception is good enough to produce a stable picture, and around 9PM the signal gets blocky.

With the 8 foot Fortec, I use that for the Weather Channel digital on AMC10 transponder 24 H digicipherII. It's the same reception as for AMC1, where parts of the year the reception is rock solid, and other parts, like now, reception is good enough for most of the day, and around 11PM, it falls below the threshold to produce a slightly blocky picture, like with DW TV on AMC1 with the 6 foot Fortec. Also, I use a heavy Norsat LNB and Chaparral feedhorn on the 8 foot Fortec too.

I want a Prodelin 2.4M but really has no ground mount like the Fortec that can be mounted like the ground mount. I'm not sure why the Fortec dishes have these reception problems, but I'm dying to get rid of them and get a decent commercial dish to eliminate these reception problems.

Emuman, I've got a six footer here for about the last year now. I'm convinced the sun affects mine a whole lot. In the heat of the sun those panels have to be expanding and or twisting slightly. On a 85 degree day I'm sure I could cook an egg on it lol. Nightime doesn't seem to affect me either way. 103W DW and a few others have never come in here. 121W is sometimes an issue too...at least some of the weaker stuff. I'm toying with the idea of an 8 footer maybe a 10 footer if I find it cheap..Blind

The 6ft dish will get almost 90% of the C-band signal out there with enough signal quality to keep a lock on the signal. Bigger is usually better since the dish will collect and reflect more signal from satellites.
[/IMG]

What will the price range for this new 8 foot ? I now have a 6 foot purchased from........Sadoun. :) A hail storm put a lot of dents in this one and I still haven't spent the insurance money. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.