6 Hoppers?

Only limitation would be the amount of 44 switches that can be trunked. Cant remember if its 3 or 4

I don't know if it's so or not, but a Dish CSR told me one time that 5 hoppers was the limit. Like I said I don't know if that is true.

Why would you need 6 hoppers on one account ,unless you are charging for your own mini cable company to renters on your property.

I too remember 3 cascaded DPP44's being OK. So, that means you've got 12 DPP outputs, which could in principle go to 8 Hoppers without even adding dual DP LNBs to feed two sets of 3 DPP44s.

I don't know if it's so or not, but a Dish CSR told me one time that 5 hoppers was the limit. Like I said I don't know if that is true.
Mmmmm . . . the CSR I just talked with said 2 Hoppers is the max.

I wonder how many different answers we can get.

Did you mention they would be purchased? 2 hoppers is max for leased.
Glad you mentioned this . . .

I tried calling again and was given this #: 800-333-3474.

The person I talked with said DISH "usually" stops at 16 receivers!

I asked the rep to please check this . . . she came back with 2 leased + 5 purchased Hoppers for a total of 7.

I'll bet 8 wouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: TheKrell
8 would likely be more than the 3 DPP44 could handle, but even outside that, that would be the first install to be audited. And likely audited multiple times... Just some words of advice.

Reactions: navychop
Kind of funny that when the CSR told him 7 was max, he wanted to come up with 8, but just for technical reasons. Cool your jets, just kidding:biggrin.

It's interesting you brought up the 44 switches. What's possible and what the manual says are very different. The manual says 3. The apartment buildings I go into sometimes say 12, or 15, or 20. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)