Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just got this across my desk...

HD PROGRAMMING

6 Months Free of HD Pak: Great news! Effective August 25, 2004, new and existing customers who upgrade to the HD Pak will get 6 months free!

That’s a $59.94 value for the first 6 months of service. In order to participate, customers must subscribe to a minimum of America’s Top 60, have a DISH 811 or DISH Player-DVR 921 and maintain the HD Pak on their account to receive the monthly credit, along with any other applicable requirements.

Once again SatelliteGuys.US helps YOU save money!

OK, I'll ask....

Will this work like direct and let current HD pak customers get the deal? :D

I don't know, if someone finds out let us know. :)

I don't see why I should pay for it for 6 months since I have been paying for it since the HD pack became available. Seems like us guys who pay for everything always get screwed over.

Or that $240 fee for not keeping the HD pack for a year for the 811 purchase deal.

I am going to call the Dish on 8/25 since their CSR won't know anything until it is active (even then, it may not garranty that, as much of them still don't know what is DPP44 yet :). Anyway, I hope they would give that to exsiting one, if not, I will cancel my HD pack, then reorder it at the same time :)

Cool. I think I'll add the HD Pack back to our account!

There doesn't seem to be any minimum commitment for this deal. According to Scott's blurb, it appears that one can cancel after six months with no penalty, other than the $5 downgrade fee. Is my interpretation correct?

Gary thats the way I read it as well. :)

Just remember this offer is not available til the 25th (I would wait to the 26th before calling though) :D

Scott, do you know if there is NO commitment required of any kind? I can lease the 811 for six months (or three months) and then just get rid of it any time I feel like?

If they want to stay competitive to Directv they will need to let existing customers who already have the HD pak get in on the deal.

If they do not offer to existing subscribers, I will drop dish after my one year commitment to the 811. No if and or butts. I have been holding a grudge with dish lately. I keep looking for a reason not to switch.

This would be the last straw for me. Would not matter what they offer in the mean time or what hdtv channels they have. I will leave.

So, how are you supposed to get an 811 if you don't already have one?

Does this deal include some kind of cheap way to get an 811?

If I can get an 811 on the cheap and get the 6 months free, I'll do it.

--Matt

Yeah Dish doesn't seem to favor the existing customer at all, that is too bad. I know that is why I am not their customer anymore, well one of the reasons. I actually called them to re-up cuz D* wouldn't give me the HD discount ... sorry sir you were a customer in 2001, we cannot offer you anything. umm okay .....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)