6 Month Free HD from Dish DELAYED

Oh well that's silly, especially since with DirecTV, you can drop programming on their website for free. the Dish site still doesn't list all the packages you can add via the website, like sports season packages, the HD pack, and mainy other things.

We'll that cat's out of the bag http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/hdtv/index.shtml

and it indeed doesn't mention any type of commitment

* For new, first-time residential customers only. Must subscribe to minimum of America’s Top 60 or DISH Latino to receive monthly programming credit. Customer must call to cancel HD at the end of 6 months or a $9.99 monthly charge will apply.

GaryPen said:
Time to give SAP a call.

Oh Geez!!!! NNNNOOOO!!!!! :eek:

If your are fluent in the Germanic programming style and aren't a logic based lifeform, then SAP might be good for you....

SAP = euphamism for Stop All Processes..... :(

It's painful beyond belief. Good for Production people to use, but as a customer support tool.... FORGET IT!

(I'd stick with the Post-It Note system anyday!).

Read the fine print:

* For new, first-time residential customers only. Must subscribe to minimum of America’s Top 60 or DISH Latino to receive monthly programming credit. Customer must call to cancel HD at the end of 6 months or a $9.99 monthly charge will apply.

sirlurkalot said:

If your are fluent in the Germanic programming style and aren't a logic based lifeform, then SAP might be good for you....

It's painful beyond belief. Good for Production people to use, but as a customer support tool.... FORGET IT!

I'm with ya there! I've worked for 2 German outfits - ARRGGHH!

sirlurkalot said:

OK then. Oracle. PeopleSoft. A dusty old copy of Paradox.

Just an FYI, they use a company called CSG Systems.

http://www.csgsystems.com/

The same as Directv uses, apparently.

http://www.csgsystems.com/Content.c...=About_Csg/L=US

(vic20......funny...... )

Then, they really have NO excuse, do they?

MacKenzieIII said:
Just called, asked to talk to retention dept. And they met me in the middle and offered me a free 3 months ($29.97 credit to the account).

Good luck to the rest of you.

wee!!! time to flood the phone lines, after all , they have the JD Power award so they should be easy :)

BFG said:
We'll that cat's out of the bag http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/hdtv/index.shtml

and it indeed doesn't mention any type of commitment

Customer must call to cancel HD at the end of 6 months or a $9.99 monthly charge will apply. That means there is no commitment. They actually say you can cancel aty the 6 month mark. :D

Of course, it's a moot point for us, as existing customers. :mad:

I would not be suprised if Dish offers existing customers 3 months instead of 6 because the 3 months gets you to December 1st. By that time the new 105 satellite should be up and running with its rumroed new HD channels, Dish should be relatively competitive with DirecTV for HD.

To anyone who calls the retention line. Just tell them that Directv offers their 6 month free HD to their existing customers and see what they say.

rocatman said:
I would not be suprised if Dish offers existing customers 3 months instead of 6 because the 3 months gets you to December 1st. By that time the new 105 satellite should be up and running with its rumroed new HD channels, Dish should be relatively competitive with DirecTV for HD.

If a Dish sub would need one of those monstrocities to recive HD, then Dish is would not be competitive with DirecTV's simple, triple-LNB dbs antenna.

rocatman said:
By that time the new 105 satellite should be up and running with its rumroed new HD channels, Dish should be relatively competitive with DirecTV for HD.

Excluding NFL-ST they currently are competitive. Both have the same number of HD channels (Dish has TNT-HD, DirecTV has Bravo-HD). The other channels D* plans to add are NBC-HD and FOX-HD (east and west). Dish can add those at 148 and 61.5 so no need to wait for the new 105 bird. Don't know about the NBC-HD channels but the FOX-HD channels are probably a safe bet. By law Rupert has to give E* the same deal as D*. S/B interesting.

NightRyder

I think they delayed this to existing customers so they could give it to new customers instead. Their website shows the 6months free to new customers only. That SUCKS!

I dont think it is an accounting system problem but more of a problem on how to handle existing HD pak customers. They dont want to sacrifice all that revenue by giving existing HD pak subscribers the deal.

They could do as my cable system does and make the deal only to people who have not been an HD pak subscriber in the last 30 days, but some may drop it for 30 days to get the 6 month free. There they would just make this deal good for the next 30 days.

Basically, the HD pak is a limited time concept. It won't be long before the content providers will have to offer the channel as part of their regular channel offering to be competitive. e.g. HBO gives you HBO-HD for no extra fee. with more and more HD channels they will need to offer free to compete with each other. After all NBC, FOX, ABC, PBS, UPN, WB, CBS HD are all free over the air. ... and thats why I dropped HD pak. I get enough HD content now for free to make me happy.

Lee

As I've said about so many other things that Dish doesn't seem able or willing to do...How come DirecTV manages to do it without any problem? (Free 6 mos HDPack for existing subs; OTA EPG info; Online programming changes; Online account cancelations and activations; Downgrades with no $5 fee; Single $5 DVR fee for entire account: etc.) I wonder what type of magic pixie dust is available in El Segundo that isn't available in Littleton?

GaryPen said:
As I've said about so many other things that Dish doesn't seem able or willing to do...How come DirecTV manages to do it without any problem? (Free 6 mos HDPack for existing subs; OTA EPG info; Online programming changes; Online account cancelations and activations; Downgrades with no $5 fee; Single $5 DVR fee for entire account: etc.) I wonder what type of magic pixie dust is available in El Segundo that isn't available in Littleton?

Rupert dust****** :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)