6 Month Free HDTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
peano said:
That is the way I read it (except for the premium part):

OFFER DETAILS:
Any residential customer who activates the DIRECTV® HD Package between August 5, 2004 and December 31, 2004, and commits to one year of any DIRECTV® TOTAL CHOICE® programming package will receive the first six months of the DIRECTV® HD Package free.
Yes you are correct....I have no idea why I added that. Very good deal with only a year contract that you have to commit to. Like Im getting rid of DTV anytime soon? I view this as a gift to valued customers.

My guess is you can cancel the HD pack after the 6 months is up but you still have to maintain a TC package for the remaining 6 months or get hit with a penalty.

sparker said:
My guess is you can cancel the HD pack after the 6 months is up but you still have to maintain a TC package for the remaining 6 months or get hit with a penalty.

I was told today that I HAD to keep the HD package for 12 months starting today. As a ex-Pegasus subscriber, I have no access to the website to tell if a commitment is listed, but I spoke to what seemed like a VERY knowledgeable CSR... a nice change of pace since I'm used to dealing with Pegasus.

~Alan

I am under a commitment because of purchasing a Samsung 360 through DirecTV in March and l already subscribe to the HD package.

I called in and asked if I was eligible and was told no. The CSR was not very friendly did not seem to understand what I was asking about.

I called back on the customer retention number a few minutes later to ask again and was told that the first CSR had made the adjustment already. Sure enough I go online and have a credit for August.

Strange, and nothing was mentioned about a commitment.

DirecTVRep:
are the retention department HD receiver specials all off, now that this special is running, or would this 6 months free be in addition to any receiver purchase discount possible from the retention dept?

Why go through a CSR?
It took me no more than three minutes on line to first cancel my HD package ($10.99 a month) and then immediately order the HD package (first six months free.)
There never was any mention of a 12-month commitment, but then I am in the midst of my HD TiVo 12-monther anyway.
It was a quick way to save $65.94.

Deals?

ramcm7 said:
DirecTVRep:
are the retention department HD receiver specials all off, now that this special is running, or would this 6 months free be in addition to any receiver purchase discount possible from the retention dept?

Hey, this is on top of anything that you currently are able to get. I don't work specifically over retention, but if you can get a deal on an HD IRD through them... be my guest. No matter what, you can still take this offer.

DTV Res Spec
white_knight_2010@yahoo.com

Neutron said:
Now that we have a Directv representative on our forum maybe he can let us in on what HD channels will be added this fall? :D
You may have more than just 1 D* rep on this forum. :yikes
So far we haven't been able to get any official (or unofficial) word on what new hd channels will be made available this fall but I've got HD so I'm going to keep trying. But then again there is that non-disclosure form that has my sig on it. If we are able to get any info we'll have to get permission to disclose first. but once again nothing has been announced yet.

HD for exsisting cust

I followed fredfa's advice and cancelled and then immediatly resigned up. This worked great! No CSR was needed. Thanks again!
dirtydat

Finally got the deal

Well, it took 3 tries but I got the 6 mos. HD free deal.
I was able to speak with a supervisor this time afte the initial CSR told me I wasn't eligible for the deal since I already had the HD package. The supervisor was very friendly and helpful and issued a credit for $65.94 to my account.
I am a former Pegasus subscriber which apparently prevented a simple cancel/add to get the deal. I'm a happy camper now. :D

WHOO HOO! Got the deal myself by doing it online as fredfa suggested! Took only about 2 minutes and I didn't have to call anyone!

I'm defiantly "Feelin' The Joy!"

Thanks for the hookup on this- I signed up the day before the special started so I wasn't sure if I'd get the free six months but I read the above posts and it worked fine for me too!

Should I go for the gold on this one?? (READ EDIT AS WELL)

After the CSR wouldn't allow me to cancel my current HD service (apparently, they've had a rash of this since there was specific note not to do this in the system), I got a "Supervisor" who gave me a blanket credit on my next bill for 3 months worth of HD service ($33).

My question is, since she told me this credit was a general credit on my bill, should I risk going online, cancelling and restarting??? If it works, my net savings is about $100.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
:D

OK!!! I just did it. $33 credit from the "Supervisor" that wouldn't honor the offer. Then I read further back and saw that PDF that shows that everyone is eligible, so I immediately went online and made the change. $98.91 in savings!!!

Sounds like a great deal that could pull me away from Dish... But, are there any receiver deals? Dish gave me the HD receiver free with no contract. If the HD DVR had a good deal, I would switch in a second! Sounds like DirecTV may be coming out with more channels too. Dish's 5 channels are kind of paltry, but very good quality!

commit to a one-year subscription to the DIRECTV HD Package.

Straight off of Directvs website. Do they have any clue what they are doing? CSRs will give you a different answer every time. One minute you have to comit to the packag,e the next minute you have to comit to a TC package, and then the next you don't have to comitt to anything. What is the deal?

I guess time is the only way to tell what will happen here. No CSR seems to have the right answer. Does Directv even know what it plans on doing?

Hey, for all the folks that saved a couple of bucks because of Scott's news, and you're not a contributing member, why not donate some of your savings to this site??? Just a thought.

This is very easily done on the web site. Just log in and remove the HD package. Once thats done add it back and the price comes up as $0. Just make sure you are not violating any terms of your particular contracts. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts