6 month HD offer expiring?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

billbillw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Atlanta
Does anybody know if the current 6-months of free HD package will be extended after Dec 31st or will it really expire?

I'm about to install and activate, but I'd rather wait until the first week of January when my current billing cycle with Comcast ends. I don't want to miss out on the 6m HD deal though.

I would play it safe and activate prior to the end of the year. Activate on the 31st.

Thanks for the reminder ...
I was paying the $10.99 per month for the HD package. Getting the 6 months free was easily accomplished by deleting my HD service, then re-adding it from the DTV web site. I'm not changing providers, so an extra year commitment is no issue to me. Now that the 6 month offer is about to expire, I just did the same thing. I deleted the HD service and then re-added it. Will I get a fresh 6 months of free service ? Who knows? I figure it's worth a shot.

Sorry my reply has nothing to do with your question. You just reminded me to do this :D

I called last night, and within a minute I had 6 months free on an existing package. Quite a change from previous calls!

i got my new high def installed on wednesday afternoon and when we called i also was given the free six months on mine with no problems :) :)

I would bet it wil be extended or they offer something better after the first of 2005.

mini1 said:
I would bet it will be extended or they offer something better after the first of 2005.

I'll take that bet. Sorry the 6 months of free HD programming will end on December 31, 2004. You may see 3 months free of HD programming.

-Robert

Only time will tell. maybe you have some inside info? Sorry, I don't work for/with DirecTV.

I just re-read my post and hope I did not come off sarcastic. I should stay away from writing after drinking and playing poker till 1:00 am.

In fact, drinking and gambling don't mix either.

Happy holidays!

-Robert

I went ahead and activated mine on Tuesday. I got the 6mo HD free, 3mo HBO/Cinemax free, but I was surprised that the CSR also gave me 3mo of Showtime/TMC free. He said that it was a bonus for getting the HD package. I hope that I'm not surprised when I get my first bill :shocked . The CSR admitted that he was a newbie and apologized for taking so long (over 20 minutes to activate new acct with 2 recievers). Let's hope that he wasn't giving me false promises. I love it so far though. Comcast sux compared to D*!

I went ahead and got mine second time 6 months free :)

I sign in my account via directv website disconnected the hd package, then i log off website,
then i waited 10 minutes and then i sign in back again, and added the hd package again.

and villa 6 more months free :)

Hey if u allready have the hd package, do waht i did just now,
but do it in the next 25 or so minutes :)

i think directv found a way to stop people of getting the hd package for free again,
cause i was curious if it was still active, so i log on the website,
and i can't no longer find and deselect the hd package,

but anyway the 6 months free offer is no longer active. :)

Robert, looks like you where right. 3 months free of the HD package now. I guess I should believe someone who works with DirecTV more often.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)