6 Room\3 receiver\DPP TWIN Install HELP!!! I am Confused!!

megaalex

Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
I currently have a DPP Twin with a 942 HD DVR going to 2 rooms and a 625 DVR going to another 2 rooms, NOW I want to add a 322 to another 2 Rooms for a total of 3 receivers , with my current DPP TWIN Switch\LNB this is not possible, can anyone advise me what is the best option, without wasting money? Thanks

All you have to do is purchase a DP34 switch. Of course, you will have to run the associative cabling from the switch to the new receiver, and then to the tv2 location.

Here is a link you will find handy regarding the installation of the DP34 switch. You will find many diagrams, including some of 24 tuner locations!!! Yummy "trunkalicious".

Click Me

Please click on the DP 34 link to the left to expand menu. Then click on 2/3 location/ 5 tuner.

Last edited:
He would need to get TWO 34 switches in order to get the setup he wants. Remember you CANNOT run dual tuners off a single line with a DishPro switch like you can with a DishPro Plus switch. Plus that diagram is for 5 tuners, he's going with 6.

The DP34 cannot supply enough power to the DPP twin. Also the DP34 requres two cables to each dual tuner receiver. The DPP44 is what you need.

Edit: Your receiver will be overloaded trying to power both the DP34 and and the DPP twin which draws more power than other LNBs. The power inserter for the DPP44 is HUGE.

Last edited:
Just checked ebay prices on the DP34, and DPP44. You'd spend a little more money for the DPP44, but you save yourself the problem of running a 2nd coax to each receiver. With the DPP44, you would run one line to each receiver, then use the dpp seperator at the receiver. You would have one output off the DPP44 for future use (3 being used). A power inserter is required for the DPP44, so you need to find a place the inserter near an electrical outlet.

If you bought two DP34s (total 8 tuner outputs), you' have to run two lines from the switch to each receiver (since each receiver has two tuners), for a total of 6 coax runs. Two outputs would be available for future use. No power inserter is required for DP34s.

If it were me, I'd pony up the additional cash and go with the dpp44 install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)