6' solid vs 7.5' mesh

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
Hi I am going to put up a bud. I have a 7.5' mesh that I brought down from the rafters in the barn today and also I have a 6' solid (true focus) that is mounted on a ring and a elevation arm on the back for stationary use.
On the back of the 6' dish is a + cross of 1 1/8 square tube that goes from top to bottom and side to side and I think I could take it off the ring its just 3 bolts that holds it to the ring and then mount it to the polar axis framework from the mesh dish making it track the arc.
So would the 6' preform better than the 7.5' mesh if I could get it mounted proper. Has anyone ever done something like this? If so how did it work? any comments and suggestion will be appreciated.

Unless the mesh is in bad shape, the 7.5' should beat the 6' for C-Band by at least 2 dB in SNR. That's pretty significant. What may be even more significant is its beamwidth will be around 2.3 degrees vs. 2.9 degrees for the 6'. That should help with adjacent orbital slot interference. Quite often the failure to lock a signal with a 6' is more because its inability to reject a neighboring satellite vs. not having enough gain. Either way you still win. On Ku-Band the difference in SNR between the two might be less, but you'll likely still come out ahead.

Hey thanks for the reply, the mesh dish was made in the USA it name is NewTech 2000. Not in bad shape few miner dings in the mesh. I have ordered 2 13k c band lnb for a dual c band feedhorn I have had for years and never used. I hope a dual c band feedhorn will work with a tracking c band dish setup.
I also want to cut a portion of the scalar out and put a ku dual lnbf in it to try for ku with it also. Thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)