6 tuners?

TIKT B8

Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
I currently have a 211 and a 522 hooked up with a 1000 dish. I have an activated 322 that is not connected that i used for tailgating and back patio watching with a spare dish. I want to install the 322 to my 1000 dish to run in some other rooms and upgrade the 211 to the 722. That would be 3 dual tuner receivers. How would i connect this? I have a dpp44 switch that i do not have installed but would assume that i would need that.

***If i confused you with that, how do i wire a 722, 522, and 322 using a dish 1000 and a dpp44 switch?

Last edited:
You would need a 2nd dpp 44 switch and cascade them with the current switch. Its quite simple. All you do is run the 4 jumpers (cable lines) from the 4 empty right ports of the switch, and hook them up to the 4 left ports on the new 44 switch. then hook up your two lines from the reciver to the bottom two ports on the 2nd switch. You may need to hook up a 2nd power inserter on the new switch to get it all to work. After that is done, run a check switch and you should be good to go. Depending on how long your 322 has been disconnected you will have to call dish and ask for a hit, so you can get your programming back.

Actually you can do it with just the 1 DPP 44 as long as you have separators. The DPP 44 can run 4 dual tuner receivers.

Actually, no you don't need another DPP44 switch. Connect DPP44 switch with 119 to inport 1, 110 to second and remaining locations to rest. You may need or may not need to hook power inserter depending on which receiver you run from 1st output (you do need to use that one, I'm not sure if the inserter is necessary but am sure someone will correct me on this part.) Run one line to each location then connect to both tuners using the DPP Separator. Then run switch test.

This is a diagram on how the wireing would be done with one dpp 44 switch. Also, It shouldnt matter what line inputs each orbital is on sence you have all DPP equipment.

44 Switch out port 1--------dpp seporator-----Dual tuner 1 reciver
44 switch out port 2--------dpp seporator-----Dual tuner 2
44 switch out port 3--------dpp seporator-----dual tuner 3
44 switch out port 4--------------------------Single tuner 1

Actually you can do it with just the 1 DPP 44 as long as you have separators. The DPP 44 can run 4 dual tuner receivers.

That is what i thought, but on the dpp44 installation guide it says:

DP Plus 44 Switch Features

• [*]Four inputs for use with up to four orbital locations.
    [*]Four outputs for connection to up to four tuner inputs.
    [*]Four "trunk" connections, to "trunk" to another DP Plus 44 Switch.
    [*]DOES require power insertion.
    [*]Can be used indoors or outdoors.
Special Considerations

• [*]Up to four single-tuner DISH Pro receivers.
    [*]Up to two dual-tuner receivers
    [*]Up to four DISH Pro Plus receivers when each is used with a DP Plus Seperator

That is what i thought, but on the dpp44 installation guide it says:

DP Plus 44 Switch Features

• [*]Four inputs for use with up to four orbital locations.
    [*]Four outputs for connection to up to four tuner inputs.
    [*]Four "trunk" connections, to "trunk" to another DP Plus 44 Switch.
    [*]DOES require power insertion.
    [*]Can be used indoors or outdoors.
Special Considerations

• [*]Up to four single-tuner DISH Pro receivers.
    [*]Up to two dual-tuner receivers
    [*]Up to four DISH Pro Plus receivers when each is used with a DP Plus Seperator

Yea I think that is a misprint...

Ok so it should work, one more question though. I currently have a dish pro dual lnb and a dish pro plus twin lnb on the dish. The last installer that came out tried to install the dpp44 but said it would not work with the dpp twin since it has a built in switch. I saw him try but the 322 would not run a successful check switch. he recommended that i use 3 pro dual with the 44 switch. Does this sound right? Thank you very much for your help everyone!:up

It will work fine. I have 3 dual tuners connected to a DPP 44. The Twin will work, but some people have had issues. I run 4 DP duals with my DPP44, but for a short time I had a Twin and a dual running through the DPP44 and it worked fine.

It will work fine. I have 3 dual tuners connected to a DPP 44. The Twin will work, but some people have had issues. I run 4 DP duals with my DPP44, but for a short time I had a Twin and a dual running through the DPP44 and it worked fine.

Thanks for the info. Why 4 dp duals?

They did tell me that they would have to add another dish though. I am assuming a dish 1000.2? They said their computer would not let him add a 722 to my account with my current receivers and dish combo.

Thanks for all of the quick replies. I just upgraded my 211 to a 722. Paid $150 with a $100 rebate and received HD service free for 6 months!