Status
Please reply by conversation.

ccvalentino

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
maryland
Guys,

I'm looking to pick up a 1.8M dish for C-Band. Other than price, Is there a difference between the WS International 6' Dish for $69 and the Sadoun 6' Dish for $239?

Chris

Oh yeah, the Sadoun dish is much more substantial. The WSI special is thinner steel , more fragile, etc. We knew that going in and if my cheap WSI 6 footer goes to the graveyard, I'll probably get a Sadoun dish ( if I can't find something free !) . Get the WSI dish, you won't be out much money, and then you can decide if you want to spend more later ( or find a larger C-band dish for free in your area ). :)

I have Sadouns dish!Seems to be well built and sturdy as a rock.From what i have heard from others who bought the WSI Dish!It seems to be holding up well and doing its job.

One thing I like about my WSI dish is the speed it moves across the arc using their PMA24 jack. Light dish = low wear and tear on the mover.

I agree. For a newbie to C-band, you just can't beat the WSI dish Bargain. If you need something else later, you haven't wasted much money at all, and you've gained a lot of experience. :)

I didn't know the $69 dishes were still available.

Are we talking about the surplus dishes from the South American deal with the funky mount diameter, or the regular 1.8m dishes? I thought that the sale period on those expired.

1. Yes gentlemen, they are still available for $69.99, but not for long because we have sold a lot of them and there are not many more left in stock. I will notify you when we are out of stock on them.

2. As far as quality, keep in mind that these were the ones we had manufactured specifically for a South American customer & according to their specs and the deal did not go through, so the quality is not really up to WS International quality standard.

3. If you don't want to spend much money and have a bargain dish, I'd recommend the $69.99 dish from us. You can email Charles McKoy at cmckoy@wsidigital.com or call our Atlanta office at 1-888-333-5560 for a shipping quote. Please keep in mind that the dish UPS shipable too, so depending on your location total cost would be somewhere around $115 or so delivered to you for a 6-foot dish. Maybe a few dollars less, maybe a few dollars more.

It's hard to find a pole that fits it well. There have been interesting work-arounds submitted here in the forums though.

Getting the PVC spacers to the proper diameter is a challenge. even with a drill press the hole is not perfectly round. Makes alignment even more tricky.

Guys,

I'm looking to pick up a 1.8M dish for C-Band. Other than price, Is there a difference between the WS International 6' Dish for $69 and the Sadoun 6' Dish for $239?

Chris
Get the Sadoun.

I have a WSI rust dish un-assembled. Might be a good dish but I'm not sanding and repainting it.

Robby,

While I like a deal and don't mind a project, it would have been nice for Charles to share this with me prior to sending my purchase in. When I requested additional information about this product, none of what you have stated below was provided.

Can you help me understand why?

Chris

1. Yes gentlemen, they are still available for $69.99, but not for long because we have sold a lot of them and there are not many more left in stock. I will notify you when we are out of stock on them.

2. As far as quality, keep in mind that these were the ones we had manufactured specifically for a South American customer & according to their specs and the deal did not go through, so the quality is not really up to WS International quality standard.

3. If you don't want to spend much money and have a bargain dish, I'd recommend the $69.99 dish from us. You can email Charles McKoy at cmckoy@wsidigital.com or call our Atlanta office at 1-888-333-5560 for a shipping quote. Please keep in mind that the dish UPS shipable too, so depending on your location total cost would be somewhere around $115 or so delivered to you for a 6-foot dish. Maybe a few dollars less, maybe a few dollars more.

Robby,

While I like a deal and don't mind a project, it would have been nice for Charles to share this with me prior to sending my purchase in. When I requested additional information about this product, none of what you have stated below was provided.

Chris

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

I am sorry you did not get all the information you wanted, AND I HAVE NOTHING to do with the company. However, this dish is almost sold out, but since you are new to the forum, you probably have not read everything that was posted about it.
I was upset with the amount of information that had been posted months ago. I could hardy use the forum because of the mass of comments. (Slow internet connections.)

However, for a new dish, this is a decent to exceptional dish AT THIS PRICE. You are getting what you pay for. As noted a light dish that the cheaper actuators can handle easily --- and so on. If it need better paint, paint it up on assembly...
Nuf said by me... And BE BLESSED.
POP

Robby,

Chris

I was disappointed in the major paint problems with the $69 special. If someone lives near Charleston, WV I'd give you mine.

I just haven't thrown it out yet. I have part of it assembled but not the panels and I'm not sure where the instructions are. (not shipping don't ask)

I was disappointed in the major paint problems with the $69 special.

If someone lives near Charleston, WV I'd give you mine.
I just haven't thrown it out yet.

I have part of it assembled but not the panels and I'm not sure where the instructions are.
A copy of the assembly drawing (don't think there's a manual) is probably on the WSI web site.
I believe it's also in the 'required reading' thread I listed above in post #6.

If you have one that's disassembled, it might be useful to strip 'n repaint it with some serious anti-rust primer.
Dee Ann and I already discussed our thoughts on the subject in this thread:
Adding panels extra to a 6'
(she had a cool stripping technique) - :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts