60 bucks for HD locals dish!!

AUTIGERS1101

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 22, 2007
Huntsville, AL
I asked for a new dish to be installed so I could get the HD locals for Huntsville, AL at 61.5. They told me that i have to commit for 24 more months to get this for free!!!! This is ridiculous! Is there no way around it?

Well, you could buy a dish (and switch if necessary) yourself and install them yourself. Then you can call and just ask them to activate them.

If you're not stuck somewhere that you can't-put in your own antenna and watch them for free.
I watch them here, about 65mi south of Hville, Channel Master 4228, pre-amp.

Well, you could buy a dish (and switch if necessary) yourself and install them yourself. Then you can call and just ask them to activate them.

Very easy deal with a 1000.2 because Ive done it before.

This time Ill gladly pay when they add Norfolk, Im too busy to deal with it. Then Ill likely pay again for EA :)

You don't have to pay.. You can just go without them. Someone has to eat the cost of installing a new dish. Better you than me having to pay a higher bill because they furnished a new dish for free for everyone. I'm sorry.. But $60 bucks is not a bad deal. Or just sign the two year contract and get it for nothing.. You are going to keep them anyway, right? :)

I asked for a new dish to be installed so I could get the HD locals for Huntsville, AL at 61.5. They told me that i have to commit for 24 more months to get this for free!!!! This is ridiculous! Is there no way around it?

Just call again and try a different CSR. I've read others get the free dish for their HD locals for free.

At what point did everything have to be FREEEEEEEEE???????
Come on. Cough up the cash or the committment. We "installers,techs, and dealers" have to make a living too. We need to pay bills,food,GAS etc.

I bought my own dish, lnbf, and switch and set it all up myself just like I've always done.

All they want is $60? That's cheap. It almost costs that much for a family of 5 to eat at McDonalds these days.

why does everyone think everything should be free? hell, i got a two year lease on my dsl, oh, and they made me supply my own computer and my own router. my 722 receiver retails for more then my desktop, yet we dont expect att to lease me a computer at no charge. oh, and the car i bought last year, its features are outdated compared to this years model. think honda will hook me up with an upgrade at no cost? i would assume just the techs time and cost of him coming out exceeds the 60.00 cost before the equipment is even supplied. either option seems like a good offer.

My question is if you agree to the 24 month commitment, then you back out later, what would your penalty be? It's not like a commitment for a DVR ($13.xx/mo for the remaining months). Would it be just the $60 prorated over the 24 months?

24 month commit is on the same basis for all upgrades, dishmovers, or new dha24 promos. so if he did cancel, he is at the 240 cancellation fee prorated at 10 per remaining month. its now 10 a month. was 13.33 when it was an 18 month agreement.

60 bucks is a value. but if you are only a few months in a recent contract, then it might be good to renew. if you dont want to do either, just introduce yourself to a maintence person at any local apartment complex. the maintenance guy at mine tells me what dishes are not in use anymore and lets me keep them if i take them down. last month i picked up two d* 5lnb slimlies that way. apartments are always throwing out sat antennas.

why does everyone think everything should be free? hell, i got a two year lease on my dsl, oh, and they made me supply my own computer and my own router. my 722 receiver retails for more then my desktop, yet we dont expect att to lease me a computer at no charge. oh, and the car i bought last year, its features are outdated compared to this years model. think honda will hook me up with an upgrade at no cost? i would assume just the techs time and cost of him coming out exceeds the 60.00 cost before the equipment is even supplied. either option seems like a good offer.

Exactly. The cost to the company for us to roll a truck to a customer's house, no matter what the reason is $125. So that old lady that keeps unplugging her receiver and demands we come back out, $125 a pop. So, $60 is very good.

E* and D* set themselves up for this expectation by treating sat. TV as if it were the razor industry. Gillette doesn't make money on the razor - they make it on the blades, just like E* and D* don't make money on the equipment - they make it on the programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)