6000 deal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am really torn between waiting for an 811 or buying the older 6000 model. I like the fact that the 811 will upconvert SD to 480P. I am thinking about getting a 6000 and then reselling it once the 811/921 comes out.

Ransack said:
I am really torn between waiting for an 811 or buying the older 6000 model. I like the fact that the 811 will upconvert SD to 480P. I am thinking about getting a 6000 and then reselling it once the 811/921 comes out.

The 6000 does the same thing. It will upconvert SD, and I think you mean to 1080i.

The 811 is an updated 6000 with OpenTV, locals displayed with their respective numbers (NBC 3 shows up as 3 on the guide, not as the 9xxx number DISH uses), and it has a DVI port on the back. The OTA and enhanced modules are built in as well.

Thats it.

It's my understanding that the 811 will upconvert conventional NTSC broadcasts to 480P from 480i (which the 6000 can't do). Am i right or wrong?

Other than the 811 having a DVI port (which my toshiba 57" TV doesn't have anyway - it only has component video), i guess you can't beat the price of $149.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)